Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist
His new attorney needs to jump on GZ's family and pronto. Tell them to stay off the TV shows and keep their damned mouths shut.
"Yeah hey, that talking-to-the-press thing? We don't need you to do that."
His new attorney needs to jump on GZ's family and pronto. Tell them to stay off the TV shows and keep their damned mouths shut.
Ok just saw a judge on TV explain it. Second degree murder is not with the intent to kill. For example, your neighbor pisses you off so you throw a bowling ball down off an overpass at their car and it kills them, even though you didn't really intend to. Manslaughter is being grossly negligent that leads to death. Many drunk driving cases are this. Judge Alex Ferrer, former Florida circuit court judge.
So those definitions make a lot more sense. First is intending to kill. Second is attacking someone violently without intent to kill but they die anyway, and manslaughter is just being grossly risky with somebody else's life.
"Yeah hey, that talking-to-the-press thing? We don't need you to do that."
Luckily he won't have you representing him eitherIf he had kept them the judge would order more competent council. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if that still happens.
If this goes to a jury Zimmerman would do well to admit he knows Martin did nothing to bring the situation on him but that he realized the kid thought he was being attacked and that, in turn, caused himself to panic when he thought the kid would go for his gun.
It might get enough sympathy for the hectic nature of the moment that Murder 2 won't be upheld.
But your quote doesn't say anything about jury/judge trial; it only states that he gets a speedy trial with competent counsel. In fact, it specifically mentions a "jury". Can an individual judge be considered a "jury"?Yes- though I'm not certain the judge has to approve a bench trial.
Welll, this isn't going to help GZ at all.
http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/11/z...nsists-on-innocent-explanation/#ixzz1rmpam8ur
His nickname on MySpace was "datniggytb"? Really? His family assures us there is an innocent explanation for that.
By what metric?
"59 minutes & counting. I have a bag packed. A friend is here, with a car, willing to help me get away. Do I go? Or stand my ground?"No way that Twitter account is Zimmerman. He can't be that much of an idiot.
If it's his nickname why would we assume it's anything other than innocent?
If it's his nickname why would we assume it's anything other than innocent?
Interesting. In English law they're "murder," "voluntary manslaughter," and "involuntary manslaughter" respectively.So those definitions make a lot more sense. First is intending to kill. Second is attacking someone violently without intent to kill but they die anyway, and manslaughter is just being grossly risky with somebody else's life.
Interesting. In English law they're "murder," "voluntary manslaughter" (although can actually include intent to kill), and "involuntary manslaughter" respectively.So those definitions make a lot more sense. First is intending to kill. Second is attacking someone violently without intent to kill but they die anyway, and manslaughter is just being grossly risky with somebody else's life.
No, and you should be the one that's kidding. If I'm white and I a have a black friend that calls me "my *****" as a joke among friends, and I in turn choose to go by the nickname "Jame's *****" among friends, that's my business and there's nothing remotely racist about it. Now if I start directing the N word at black people, that's an entirely different story.You're kidding aren't you?
A racist nickname he has kept goes to his mindset. It will be raised in the trial I'm sure.
While I disagree with almost all of that, I do think the above is a sickening possibility. Love or hate the original verdict against the police officers in the Rodney King case, having the feds come in and retry him was a farce and the most egregious abuse of double jeopardy imaginable.At this point, Holder and the biased DOJ will step in and charge him with a civil rights violation on manufactured evidence that will get Zimmerman thrown in jail for life + 2 billion years with no chance of parole!!
Am I the only one that finds the medias change of tune HILARIOUS?! For weeks nearly every article made sure to make this as inflammatory as possible, never missing an opportunity to point out the white man that gunned down a black boy with an iced tea and skittles. Now suddenly, almost every article has a headline or subject text that says something like "experts say prosecutors are going to have a tough case". Wait a minute, I thought it was an open and shut case of a racist white man gunning down a young boy with iced tea and skittles?
The case that is made in the media is far, far different than the case that must be made in a court of law. But you know that which makes your post HILARIOUS?!Wait a minute, I thought it was an open and shut case of a racist white man gunning down a young boy with iced tea and skittles?