LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
The police report was on the Sanford PD website about a week ago. Several media outlets appear to have just noticed it.
GW was a "criminal justice major" according to his friend right now on Lawrence O'Donnell. I had heard he'd applied to be a police officer but I hadn't heard this other claim yet.
http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/nation/new-black-panther-party-calls-for-bounty-on-zimmerman
The New Black Panther Party is offering a $10,000 bounty for the person who captures the Florida neighborhood 28-year-old watch captain who shot and killed Martin, an unarmed teenager, last month, according to The Atlanta-Journal Constitution.
"He should be fearful for his life," said Mikhail Muhammad, the Party’s new leader. "You can't keep killing black children."
Just to be clear, the posters say Dead or Alive...
I apologize for being repetitious, but I am just gobsmacked at how the Florida law seems to be interpreted. It looks like putting the burden of proof on the loser (i.e., the dead person) to show that they were not putting the ab initio presumptive "defendant" in fear of so-called "great bodily harm."
Now, I am not a lawyer, but I've been unable to find a definition of "great bodily harm" in the Florida law code (by the expedient of searching the Florida law code for the phrase, "great bodily harm", which returns some hits on laws, but not on any definition). My frame of reference is the Old Dominion, the Mother of Presidents, Virginia (bombast intentional), in which (as far as I know, IANAL) the following still holds:
A person who reasonably apprehends bodily harm by another is privileged to exercise reasonable force to repel the assault. However, the amount of force used to defend oneself must not be excessive and must be reasonable in relation to the perceived threat. (Diffendal v. Commonwealth, 1989)
Florida law seems more law-less than old episodes of "Gunsmoke" in comparison.
In this case:
-the accused claimed self defense
-the available evidence seemed to support that claim
-witness accounts seemed to support that claim
-the Sanford police department held Zimmerman in custody while they interviewed him
-they did not feel that an arrest at the time was warranted due to it 'looking' like self defense
-the SPD decided not to arrest him but passed the information onto the DA
Alive is preferable......Dead, just as well.
This is really a standard self defense case, imo. The police investigation basically concluded that Zimmerman unlawfully killed Martin. That is, he used too much force. Thus the manslaughter recommendation.
Except that it's felony, I believe, to have such a bounty.
Zimmerman hasn't lost his rights.
If he'd gunned down 11 children while smiling, on HD video, he'd still be entitled to a trial.
And idiots might want to kill him for that too. He'd still be entited to a trial as he is now. Unless you are just hiding behind "humor" again. In which case,If he'd gunned down 11 children while smiling, on HD video, he'd still be entitled to a trial.
He's already guilty of the most heinous crimes....to some. String him up!
they don't make lamp posts like they used to.

And idiots might want to kill him for that too. He'd still be entited to a trial as he is now. Unless you are just hiding behind "humor" again. In which case,![]()
![]()
, right?

So, you want to kill him?![]()
![]()
![]()
That is sooooo funny.
This is the issue now, yes. Whether what transpired in the fight warranted the shooting.
I'm done arguing with people who are claiming all the evidence is faked, there wasn't a fight, Zimmerman tried to detain Martin, etc etc. I can do that over in Conspiracy Theories.
Thanks. I thought of you the entire time.
![]()
![]()
Damn you are killing me.