The entire bruhaha is a dead bust.
As a largely irrational Chaka Khan noted on CNN, young blacks are being slaughtered, in Chicago alone, at the rate of over 3000 per year, mostly by other young blacks. And not a peep out of Jesse Jackson, the New Black Panthers, or Leftysergeant. But let one young black be killed by someone of indeterminate (presumably white) ethnic origin, and the hysterical caterwauling is heard far and wide.
"They" say someone is dead, so someone has to get charged for it. Screw self-defense. Ain't no such a thang. Screw the cops' statement. Everybody knows them cops have an agenda. And everyone knows that agenda is pure EVIL.
But me, I'm going to be a contrarian and put my money on the police statement to the effect that there is no basis on which to charge Zimmerman. I have no reason to suspect a cop agenda here. Cops have nothing to gain by whitewashing Zimmerman. I do, OTOH, have reason to suspect agendas on the part of Jesse Jackson, the New Black Panthers, and Leftysergeant & co.
So that's where my money is. No basis on which to charge Zimmerman. And apparently, not much basis on which to charge all those thousands of young blacks who are busily slaughtering other young blacks across this great nation.
But let one Mexican get off one shot in self-defense, and here come da judge and da lynch mob...
That's how I'm reading early 21st century Western Hominids. Prove me wrong.