• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
The questions about following in and out of the car aside for the moment. Assume GZ followed TM and got relatively close right before the shooting, and TM (on the phone with his GF) stopped, turned and asked
'why are you following me?' and GZ responded 'what are you doing here?'

Based on the information we have so far, what do you think happened next ?
We have very little information on what happened between that point and the trigger being pulled.
Some 911 calls about people fighting in a yard, apparently Martin on top at one point, some observations about grass stains and moisture from the cops, and a very short timeline.

Unless this eyewitness to the truck attack, or this 911 call from Trayvon Martin is verfied, there isn't enough to rule out any particular scenario among several.
Maybe Martin went swagga, maybe Zimmerman went Cartman, maybe not.

And again, unless someone shows that Martin had something more in his hands than his fingers, it would all be ancillary to the main question.
 
I haven't seen it mentioned in the thread. Norwegian media has picked up on the event, and has run a few news pieces on it. This morning, Dagbladet is reporting that an organization called New Black Panther Party is offering a reward of 10 000 dollars for the capture of Zimmerman.

The source is here, from the Florida based newspaper Sun Sentinel.
 
I haven't seen it mentioned in the thread. Norwegian media has picked up on the event, and has run a few news pieces on it. This morning, Dagbladet is reporting that an organization called New Black Panther Party is offering a reward of 10 000 dollars for the capture of Zimmerman.

The source is here, from the Florida based newspaper Sun Sentinel.

Yeah, I think it's illegal to offer a "dead or alive" bounty unless you are the gov't.

My guess is that nothing will be done about the bounty, though.
 
Well, I think Martin was a violent teen. I think he punched Zimmerman in the nose for following him. I think he was beating Zimmerman up when Zimmerman shot him.

So, you can blow it off if you want, I don't care.
Why do you think he was a violent teen?
 
Well, I think Martin was a violent teen. I think he punched Zimmerman in the nose for following him. I think he was beating Zimmerman up when Zimmerman shot him.

So, you can blow it off if you want, I don't care.
I'm not the one who will be deciding if it should be blown off, that will be up to the judge, as I've posted repeatedly.

But I have no reason to doubt your assertion that you don't care about the facts or legalities over your opinions in this matter.
 
I'm not the one who will be deciding if it should be blown off, that will be up to the judge, as I've posted repeatedly.

But I have no reason to doubt your assertion that you don't care about the facts or legalities over your opinions in this matter.

What the hell is that crap? I said I don't care if you blow off my posts.

Why the hell does this murder blind people to frank discussion?

And what in the bloody hell is so special about this murder anyway?

http://www.local10.com/news/Suspect...ased-from-jail/-/1717324/9199040/-/bg9v8jz/-/

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/03/no-justice-no-agitation.php
 
I haven't seen it mentioned in the thread. Norwegian media has picked up on the event, and has run a few news pieces on it. This morning, Dagbladet is reporting that an organization called New Black Panther Party is offering a reward of 10 000 dollars for the capture of Zimmerman.

The source is here, from the Florida based newspaper Sun Sentinel.

Just to be clear, the posters originally said "Dead or Alive" on them.

http://img.allvoices.com/thumbs/image/609/480/90980409-wanted-dead.jpg
 
A 17 year old who punches a bus driver would have major problems.

You would not get suspended from school for 10 days for nothing.

What about a 20 something that shoves a cop? You would not get arrested for nothing after all.

ETA: Also, didn't Martin's teacher say he was suspended for 5 days due to being tardy too often? Wouldn't he/she be in a better position to know about the suspension than some guy who thinks the screen cap another guy took from the twitter account he claims is that of Trayvon's older brother, seems legit?
 
Last edited:
What about a 20 something that shoves a cop? You would not get arrested for nothing after all.

ETA: Also, didn't Martin's teacher say he was suspended for 5 days due to being tardy too often? Wouldn't he/she be in a better position to know about the suspension than some guy who thinks the screen cap another guy took from the twitter account he claims is that of Trayvon's older brother, seems legit?

Martin's teacher would likely be unable to reveal his school records. We can review school policy and see what would get you a hefty suspension. As far as I remember from reading the policy, tardiness won't.

Of course, we are relying on a notoriously inaccurate media for all of our info, save the actual police documents.

But that's what you get when you try to decide a case on the internet.
 
Last edited:
What the hell is that crap? I said I don't care if you blow off my posts.

Why the hell does this murder blind people to frank discussion?

And what in the bloody hell is so special about this murder anyway?

http://www.local10.com/news/Suspect...ased-from-jail/-/1717324/9199040/-/bg9v8jz/-/

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/03/no-justice-no-agitation.php
It isn't murder until the jury says it is murder. Right now it is an open question about whether or not it was sefl defense.

And while the shooter's past may be peripheral to his behavior that night, it wouldn't matter at all if the victim had punched a bus driver... For 2 reasons.

1> Zimmerman would have no way of knowing that.

2> Just fists does not justify guns in proportionate self defense.
 
It isn't murder until the jury says it is murder. Right now it is an open question about whether or not it was sefl defense.

And while the shooter's past may be peripheral to his behavior that night, it wouldn't matter at all if the victim had punched a bus driver... For 2 reasons.

1> Zimmerman would have no way of knowing that.

2> Just fists does not justify guns in proportionate self defense.

1 - Nor would Zimmerman care if he knew, I would guess. It may have a bearing on how the confrontation went, though.

2 - Proportionate self defense? That would mean it's a self defense case. You would be saying Zimmerman was indeed defending himself, he just used more force than he should have.

But if he was down on the ground being beaten or even kicked, and calling for help...

Well, hopefully we will see.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom