But that doesn't fit what he said. He said he didn't want one of them to get away. He then took off with a loaded gun and somehow ended up in a confrontation. Then he somehow ended up in a fist fight. Then he shot the kid.
I don't think it's a stretch to say a guy who curses "*********** coons" and then chases a person with a loaded gun wasn't just looking to keep tabs. He could have done that from the car, and he should have.
It does fit, though. He didn't want him to get away, so he followed TM. He didn't 'take off' with a loaded gun - going everywhere with a loaded gun appears to be his MO ?
He got into a confrontation becuase he followed TM. I understand, people might be uncomfortable being followed. Or scared. In that case, maybe they should run or not confront the person following them. Again, from the facts we have,
TM confronted GZ, not the other way around. And for all we know, TM initiated whatever fight they had.
I also listened to the mother jones take on 'coon' and I'm really not sure what I think I hear.
And just for those in the peanut gallery - I don't think provoking a fight, and then shooting someone because you are losing is any kind of justified self defense. I don't know FL SYG laws. But if GZ was just a cop wannabe, and always carried a gun, and did nothing but follow TM, and then was getting his ass kicked for following him, I am not sure that him using the gun at some point in the struggle makes him morally wrong. Maybe he is still legally guilty, IDK. Some of it we won't know until we get more information, like the rest of the police report, forensics, etc. But it does seem to me there some posters are really reaching in the opposite direction to paint GZ as badly as possible in any way they can. Maybe he deserves, but I'm really not near convinced he does, yet.