NoahFence
Banned
Just arrest Zimmerman, have his trial, and release him.
In south central LA.
In south central LA.
"We think we should ignore Zimmerman's self defense claim and the physical evidence in this case because his wife filed a restraining order against him a while ago, and he once pushed a cop."
Sounds a bit silly. I doubt such a request would get you a search warrant from a judge, absent other evidence, for example.
Again, this is assuming there was actually nothing at the scene that countered the self defense claim.
If there's other evidence, then obviously that would change things.
No convictions, no criminal record.Yes he did.Nothing that says total jerk, but not "no criminal record" either.
I don't think that term means what you think it means. It certainly doesn't apply to this case.merely claiming there's a prima facie case to be made that he shot Martin maliciously and without reasonable grounds to fear for his life.
An man armed with a gun stalks an unarmed teen. One of them has acriminal recordhistory of violence, and the other doesn't. The one without arecordhistory of violence ends up dead. The killer just happens to be the sole surviving witness. I'd say there's probable cause to dig a bit deeper into what's happened here.
That leaves the fantastic situation where you can follow someone you don't like, corner them and if you can provoke them into attacking you then you either beat them to a pulp or, if it turns out they're winning, shoot them.
Essentially, it's a licence to kill people who have short fuses.
If you would like, I can quote the entire SYG law if you would like. I can even link to it, so you can see for yourself how the law is written. Maybe then you'll stop making incorrect, and quite frankly, stupid statements like that.
I have a friend who has been arrested for minor things. He's a bit of a hothead, which gets him into trouble. This does not mean that he is more likely to murder someone, nor would it cause me to assume he's guilty if charged with a felony.
More likely than...what?
Who would you rather cross paths with...a hothead with a gun, or an unarmed teenager otherwise minding his own business on a walk home from the candy store?
There are two ways to define "criminal record".No convictions, no criminal record.
And credit card debt? Really?
So yes, really.A summary of an individual’s contacts with law enforcement generally computerized in the ncic. All arrests are noted with an explanation of the result including convictions (and sentences received), dismissals, not guilty verdicts, or bench warrant status.
I don't think that term means what you think it means. It certainly doesn't apply to this case.
In a murder case, this would include evidence that the victim was in fact dead, that the defendant's act caused the death, and evidence that the defendant acted with malice aforethought.
Can you name a single one, or did you just pull that out of your anus? Statements like this sure make me doubt your other anecdotal stories, not that I needed more incentive for that..Exactly. It concerns me that so many on here think murdering people because they have wear a hoodie is somehow okay just because they have paranoid fantasies about home invasion robberies.
The Dade prosecutor has no more knowledge of this case than you or I do.Are you calling the prosecutor for Dade County stupid? Because that's exactly what he said about this law last night on the Ed Show. He fought against this law because he knew that psychopathic yahoo's would be out shooting people after provoking fights then invoking this law to make it all nice and legal.
And I bet you will be providing no evidence for that claim either.And this law, according to those that pushed for it, was specifically written to make shooting people who look like they might engage in looting legal. I repeat: not people in the act of a crime just people who look like they might engage in a crime. Those were their words. That's why they included the language that deadly force was okay to use if you suspected the person was about to commit a felony property crime.
If it was truly a prima facie case the onus would be on Zimmerman to show the evidence was in error, which it certainly is not.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prima_facie
Victim is dead? Check. Defendant's act caused the death? Check. Malice aforethought? Not so cut and dried. But given what we know about Zimmerman stalking Martin with a gun and making statements that he didn't want him to get away, I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand.
Um, there is a discussion of that witness and what the testimony means on the last two pages I believe.
And yes, it's entirely possible that a teenage weighing 80 lbs less (a 6'3" teenager apparently) got the better of Zimmerman in a fight. I don't know how many of these assault stories we have to go through before people stop believing that being 'smaller' means being no threat.
Zimmerman has no criminal record of shooting people. He barely has a record at all. There's nothing in his record that would cause me to think he deliberately shot Martin.
I have a friend who has been arrested for minor things. He's a bit of a hothead, which gets him into trouble. This does not mean that he is more likely to murder someone, nor would it cause me to assume he's guilty if charged with a felony.
Are the police allowed to use Zimmerman's record to detain him on an unrelated case? I don't know. I would think not.
I doubt you'd get a warrant because of someone's record on an unrelated matter, for example.
And which way is valid in this case?There are two ways to define "criminal record".So yes, really.
No, because as the perpetrator of a crime (assault in this case) you cannot claim self defense.If you are attacked by a stranger, you fight back in self defense and the assailant kills you in self defense, is that justifiable self defense?
Zimmerman got into a physical altercation with a woman. He stalked her. Does that not cause you to think he's got a screw loose? Or is that normal behavior to you?
And as we all know no one ever lies in domestic dispute cases.Zimmerman got into a physical altercation with a woman. He stalked her. Does that not cause you to think he's got a screw loose? Or is that normal behavior to you?
Yeah, I'm not sure if I understood this either. A "hothead" is someone easily provoked to anger or violence. So by definition a hothead is more likely to murder someone than someone who is not a hothead.