Here's an interesting note that I found in the police report.
It states that Zimmerman's shirt was wet, and had grass on it. The officer also said that Zimmerman had a bloodied nose, and was bleeding from his nose and back of his head. He was treated AT THE SCENE by the Sanford Fire Department.
Now, if Zimmerman was in such fear for his life that he had to resort to using deadly force, why were his wounds so insignificant that the SFD treated him at the scene, without referring him to the local hospital?
If his wounds required nothing more than some tape and a 4x4 piece of gauze, and no referral to the local emergency room, how is it that he could claim that he was in such fear for his life?
It doesn't make ANY sense to me.
Even IF Martin was the attacker, he went above and beyond what the state statute calls meeting force with force. He used deadly force, when he had superficial wounds on him. Now, I would be completely on Zimmerman's side if he had a cracked skull, and two black eyes, and a broken jaw. But, what what I see, he had a little ******* scrape on his head. However, this is not the case. Treated at the scene. (Paramedics in Florida cannot suture, so stitches were NOT required)
How can this be ruled justifiable?
Here's what I believe happened.
Martin was observed walking through the neighborhood by Zimmerman. Zimmerman. found this suspicious for whatever reason. Zimmerman begins to follow Martin, and Martin begins to walk faster, then decided to run to his father's house.
Zimmerman get's upset, thinking this kid is up to no good, and follows him. Zimmerman finds Martin between the two rows of houses, jumps out of his car, and Martin asks him why he is following. Zimmerman, instead of explaining himself, and being cordial, he goes on the offensive. He ask's Martin what he is doing, and Martin (this is speculation) tells him to **** off, or go kick rocks, or whatever, and this makes Zimmerman VERY mad! (HOW DARE he disrespect ME! I am the neighborhood watch captain, and I have a gun)
He being to attack Martin, but Martin fights back. (I've spoken to many LEO's, and they say that some of the "best" fights come from small, relitivily light kids) This surprises Zimmerman that this little punk kid is getting the best of him, which makes him even more mad. (All this time, Martin [whom is who I believe is crying for help in the tape] is screaming for help, hoping his father or father's girlfriend will come to his aid. According to the attorney for Martin family, he was 70 yards from his father's house)
Zimmerman is finally able to free himself from Martin, and is enraged. Martin is attempting to leave, but doesn't want to turn his back on Zimmerman in fear of another attack. So, he decides that he's had enough, and pulls out a small Kel Tec 9mm pistol as Martin's pleas for help intensify, but tragically, fall on "deaf" ears. Zimmerman is as mad as a hornet, believing that Martin is guilty of some kind of crime, fires off one shot.
So, that's my theory. It's based solely on speculation, but it seems like a reasonable, and plausible theory.
(We know that Zimmerman has a bit of an anger problem. I mean, who calls the cops and follows someone to another town 14 miles down the road for getting into a shouting match over a road incident, and calling the cops because the other guy spit on your windshield? )
Feel free to point out anything that would seem more plausible, or if something I said doesn't make any sense.