• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did she kill a black teen?

The race issue here is not going away, and even if this jackass gets away with murder, he will be sued in civil court, and lose everthing.

Think I'd rather be in jail...

I just think the same thing will happen. You can enrage a population and get the resident Hearse chaser Nancy Grace on it and you can play the race card (nevermind he's a 17 year old and unarmed) but this cell phone conversation along with the proposed racist comment can be dismissed as evidence anyways. If I were the defendant's lawyer I'd bust my ass to get it dismissed, and I cannot see why a judge would allow it anyways.
 
I isolated it, made it louder, and slowed it down, he either says: ****** cones, or ****** coons.

ETA: It definitely starts with a K sound, so it is not phones as suggested earlier. It is either 'coons' with a southern accent or 'cones'. Perhaps there were those orange road cones somewhere. Or raccoons....
I think the dispatcher heard him say that too because then the dispatcher immediately says:

Dispatcher: Are you following him?
Z: Yeah
Dispatcher: OK, we don't need you to do that.

You can tell the dispatcher is serious in how he says that.


More obvious though is: listen to 10 seconds before that at the 1:37 to 1:38 mark in that YT link, something Z says is beeped/cut out there.

Zimmerman: These [censored], they always get away. (In an audio program you can tell that whatever he said has been cut out with [silence].)

Here, this link starts at 1:37:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aVwPqXc-bk#t=1m37s

I suggest everyone listen to the 20 seconds or so that starts there.
I hear a fricative, but it sounds more like 'ph' than the 'k' sound in the first word. I don't hear any 'oo' at all.
 
I just think the same thing will happen. You can enrage a population and get the resident Hearse chaser Nancy Grace on it and you can play the race card (nevermind he's a 17 year old and unarmed) but this cell phone conversation along with the proposed racist comment can be dismissed as evidence anyways. If I were the defendant's lawyer I'd bust my ass to get it dismissed, and I cannot see why a judge would allow it anyways.
Under what rule of evidence would you move to get the phone conversations dismissed?
 
I isolated it, made it louder, and slowed it down, he either says: ****** cones, or ****** coons.

ETA: It definitely starts with a K sound, so it is not phones as suggested earlier. It is either 'coons' with a southern accent or 'cones'. Perhaps there were those orange road cones somewhere. Or raccoons....


<snip>

I hear a fricative, but it sounds more like 'ph' than the 'k' sound in the first word. I don't hear any 'oo' at all.



OK I uploaded what I did so others can hear.

Full disclosure, I increased the sound by about 3 times and I made it about 10 percent slower. Nothing else was done to this sample.

http://www.filedropper.com/unknownword

It surely starts with a K sound. It's either cones, or coons said with an accent.

(LOTS of ads on that uploading site, please only click where it says Download This File in dark grey.)
 
Last edited:
In America, judges do not make motions to dismiss.

I'm not sure what you are saying, those tapes are public record and would certainly be allowed into evidence.

No, but it is up to the judge's discretion (and the abilities of the attorney) to advocate that the cell phone conversation, particularly the indecipherable line that some THINK is him calling Martin a "coon" plays no role in the charges brought forth (whatever they may be, this supposes there will be charges). Unless of course the charges brought forth regard the crime as race related, and if it was the the prosecution is made of of morons seeing as the accused has no (currently known) history of racist actions or threats. That'd be stupid. It would be exceeding the grasp of the evidence we're discussing at this moment, unless someone has something new to add, and we may learn more soon, who knows.

The conversation, particularly this part, has no significance in any trial brought forward and if I were the defense I'd move to dismiss it, and a judge may be inclined to agree.
 
Last edited:
I believe the attorney says the girlfriend said it was Martin that cried out. I'm not positive though.

Teen spoke with his girlfriend while watch captain followed

<snip>

Attorney Benjamin Crump says the phone conversation destroys George Zimmerman's self-defense claim.

<snip>

Crump told reporters Tuesday it was Trayvon who cried out when a man bearing a 9mm handgun came at him.

<snip>

Crump said he plans to turn over information about the call to federal investigators.

http://www.freep.com/article/201203...h-his-girlfriend-while-watch-captain-followed


I'm confused by this:

The girl later heard Trayvon say, "Why are you following me?" Another man asked, "What are you doing around here?" attorney Benjamin Crump said.

The phone call that recorded Trayvon's final moments was disclosed as the U.S. Justice Department opened a federal civil rights probe into the Feb. 26 shooting and the local prosecutor convened a grand jury to investigate.

Is that paragraph on topic? Does it mean that the girlfriends phone call was recorded? How and why would that call be recorded?
 
Last edited:
No, but it is up to the judge's discretion (and the abilities of the attorney) to advocate that the cell phone conversation ... plays no role in the charges brought forth
So relevance then? It's a recording of Zimmerman speaking in the moments leading up to the killing. It evidences what he was doing and his state of mind during his encounter with Martin.

There are some things a lawyer just can't sell, regardless of abilities.
 
Last edited:
Another is that the shooter was thinking that he was in fact making some sort of 'arrest' and was calling for people to come help him subdue the 'suspect'.
Not likely. The screams heard on the audio sounded like someone in pain, thus consistant with very great fear for his own life.

Another possibility, is that the shooter had made a decision on some level to pull the trigger, and was yelling 'Help!' to bolster his later self defense claim (advice that is not unheard of in wanna-be/CCW circles).
The cries for help end immediately upon the firing of one shot. If he were really in full posession of his witis, he would know that he needed to keep up the act. I see no indication that the sorry SOB was that bright, given the kinds of crap for which he had been calling 911.
 
One of the witnesses was on the line to 911 when Zimmerman shot Martin and picked up Martin's cries for help.

Right. But that article is specifically about the girlfriends call. The transition from paragraph 3 to paragraph 4 (2 to 3 below) in that article is very misleading:

"Oh he's right behind me, he's right behind me again," 17-year-old Trayvon Martin told his girlfriend on the phone, the Martin family's attorney said.

The girl later heard Trayvon say, "Why are you following me?" Another man asked, "What are you doing around here?" attorney Benjamin Crump said.

The phone call that recorded Trayvon's final moments was disclosed as the U.S. Justice Department opened a federal civil rights probe into the Feb. 26 shooting and the local prosecutor convened a grand jury to investigate. Seminole County State Attorney Norm Wolfinger said a grand jury will meet April 10 to consider evidence in the case.
 
A 17 year old male has an adult voice. You cease to have a child's voice once you hit puberty... didn't you ever watch the Brady Bunch?
Cow cookies. Lots of adult black males have high tenor voices. Idiot boy Zimmerman is NOT a tenor. Listen to the freakin tapes.
 
Stand Your Ground Law

I believe it was on a CNN or MSNBC website that I read something like, "The Trayvonn Martin case may be difficult because of the, Stand Your Ground Law".

George Zimmerman DID NOT stand his ground. THEY are going to make it difficult if THEY continue to PRETEND that George Zimmerman stood his ground.

YOU know that man did not stop his ground.
 
Last edited:
The case is proceeding in an orderly and timely fashion to a Grand Jury as far as I can tell, so I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. It hasn't been that long since the incident. Murder cases usually take years to get to trial.

If the police had arrested Zimmerman at the time, since he had wounds, the initial charges would probably have been less than murder, and he'd have been out on bail anyway.

The police did an investigation and made a report. The report went to the DA. The DA has put the case to the Grand Jury. The Grand Jury will hear evidence at their next opportunity, which is April 10th.

I'm not sure why Eric Holder has summoned the City Manager and the Mayor to DC, either. Seems like a lot of pressure. It makes one think that we don't need a trial...

How many other suspicious deaths were there on that day in Florida?

From all of the hysterics, one would think that Zimmerman should already be on death row...

And maybe he is...

Any opinions on where this killing falls under Florida's Murder statute?

http://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2010/782.04
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom