• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged Andrew Breitbart has died

Well, generally if a person says they're a communist, I take them at their word. Do you think I am wrong to do so?

Let me phrase this another way...

Your parallel is a few racists equals tea party as a few communists equals Obama.

I guess my question is...

Why is it that the subject of communism or socialism is brought up whenever Obama's name is mentioned?
 
Let me phrase this another way...

Your parallel is a few racists equals tea party as a few communists equals Obama.

Yes.

I guess my question is...

Why is it that the subject of communism or socialism is brought up whenever Obama's name is mentioned?

Because it's an inflammatory accusation which some people will believe uncritically because they want to think the worst. Just like racism is. Are you starting to get it yet?
 
Ziggurat said:
Because it's an inflammatory accusation which some people will believe uncritically because they want to think the worst. Just like racism is. Are you starting to get it yet?

No.

I'm pretty far left and I think Obama is too far right of center. Dude aint one of mine, but we both subscribe to the basic human values, as opposed to, e.g.,Buchanan.

Marx got a few things right. Racists never have. Schickelgruber offed the only real Aryans he ever met.

If God didn't mean races to mix, why'd he make Halle Berry?
 
Would it be crass and insensitive to point out that we can add "Brietbart will lose his shirt and/or get 10 years hard labor" to Lefty's long and growing list of failed legal predictions?
 
Breitbart's website publishes part I of his "vetting" of Barack Obama. It's interesting, and the Alinsky tie-in will no doubt have the conspiracy theorists going wild.

Unfortunately, I think it's much like the whole Rathergate bit from 2004. No, not based on forged documents. Just destined to fail as that effort was, because nobody votes for or against a sitting president in his reelection bid based on his past. They do it based on his first term.
 
Did you know Breitbart was offering a $10,000 reward for any video that backed up that accusation?

Nobody ever tried to claim the reward. Is that proof? Perhaps not enough for a mathematician, but it's enough for me, given how many cameras were around.

I'll be blunt here - Breitbart, at that point, had already made a name for himself as a liar due to the doctored videos he released about ACORN with O'Keefe. If I had footage of someone yelling a racial slur at John Lewis, I wouldn't have bothered contacting him, since it was clear even then that he was dishonest.

Yet he backed down from his claim. Why? Perhaps because he wasn't spat on.

Looks like to me like the screaming guy did spit on him, if only accidentally.

Nobody is denying that some tea party protesters are racist. Just like I haven't seen anyone deny that some Obama supporters are communist. That's not really very relevant.

In that case, if the Tea Party rejects racism, then they should have no problem decrying racists in their midst when they make themselves obvious, much like Obama both rejected and denounced Louis Farrakhan in that one ridiculous debate back in 2008. And yet, their actual response to the NAACP's declaration, backed by documented racism, was for Mark Warner to write a racist blog post, and for Breitbart to defame Sherrod and the NAACP through deceptively edited video and outright lies - which I guess is now settled, since you and other Breitbart apologists are obviously refusing to take any opportunity to defend him.

So, since it's established that he repeatedly lied about his own footage of Sherrod and the NAACP, would you like to move on to discuss his doctored footage footage of ACORN? Or how he, through one of his subordinates, tried to claim that Planned Parenthood was okay with forced prostitution rings, despite all evidence? Or perhaps his defamation of an NPR fundraiser? Or his attacks on random professors and schoolteachers?

Face it, the man was a bully who used doctored footage and lies to attack people with no voice.
 
I'll be blunt here - Breitbart, at that point, had already made a name for himself as a liar due to the doctored videos he released about ACORN with O'Keefe. If I had footage of someone yelling a racial slur at John Lewis, I wouldn't have bothered contacting him, since it was clear even then that he was dishonest.

If I were a liberal out to nail Breitbart, I would have sent him the video, waited a week to see if he'd pay, then sent it to Keith Olberman.

If you truly wouldn't have taken then chance to get 100,000$ out of Andrew Breitbart, then you aren't thinking critically.
 
Yes.



Because it's an inflammatory accusation which some people will believe uncritically because they want to think the worst. Just like racism is. Are you starting to get it yet?

The problem here is... you made the statement. Now I know you're not making communism the focal point of the conversation and I know you're not implying the worst, however the word crept in when you were making light of a parallel. The communist/socialist/NAZI/marxist rhetoric seems to make it's way into every other discourse about Obama. Whether it be on Fox News, a Right-Wing Blog, one of Andy's many web sites, or through "conservative" talk radio, this is the non-issue that rolls off the top of their heads!
 
Breitbart's website publishes part I of his "vetting" of Barack Obama. It's interesting, and the Alinsky tie-in will no doubt have the conspiracy theorists going wild.

Unfortunately, I think it's much like the whole Rathergate bit from 2004. No, not based on forged documents. Just destined to fail as that effort was, because nobody votes for or against a sitting president in his reelection bid based on his past. They do it based on his first term.

Well, there's also the fact that Alinsky is mostly unknown today, and his main work was fighting for safe work environments and equal treatment for black people. And although I'm sure his name will make Rick Santorum froth, he worked with the catholic church.

Ladies and gentlemen, Andrew Breitbart, a deceitful idiot even from beyond the grave.
 
Will Breitbart's defenders step up to the plate and admit that what Breitbart did harmed Sherrod?
Sure, by mistakenly posting an edited video. She didn't deserve that, but came out way ahead in the end. ACORN did deserve the defunding and demise that they got.

Would it be crass and insensitive to point out that we can add "Brietbart will lose his shirt and/or get 10 years hard labor" to Lefty's long and growing list of failed legal predictions?
Why not at all! Thanks for the reminder.

In that case, if the Tea Party rejects racism, then they should have no problem decrying racists in their midst
Sure, and they do.

And yet, their actual response to the NAACP's declaration, backed by documented racism, was for Mark Warner to write a racist blog post
If you mean Mark Williams, he in fact resigned after the incident.
The second problem is that this was not the only claim tat some Tea Partiers were being racist. There were also the placards of Obama as a witch doctor, the "go back to Africa" signs, the recruitment efforts that were posted on Stormfront, and that one idiot with the sign with "the N-word" on it. All of these were documented by the NAACP in their declaration that the Tea Party should toss these particular people out.
And they did to the extent they could. If a crazy shows up at a public rally, it's kind of hard to force them to leave or remove their sign if you respect the first amendment. Oh and the Stromfront thing had nothing to do with the Tea party encouraging the Stromfront members to show up any more than the Dems would have anything to do encouraging the communist party to show up at one of their events.
 
Well, there's also the fact that Alinsky is mostly unknown today, and his main work was fighting for safe work environments and equal treatment for black people. And although I'm sure his name will make Rick Santorum froth, he worked with the catholic church.

Ladies and gentlemen, Andrew Breitbart, a deceitful idiot even from beyond the grave.

Scum is scum, even when it's dead scum.
 
The problem here is... you made the statement.

Why is it a problem to say that there are communists who support Obama? It's true. You haven't disputed it. What's wrong with the truth?

What I have not done is say that Obama is a communist, or that he needs to refute all the communists who support him.

The communist/socialist/NAZI/marxist rhetoric seems to make it's way into every other discourse about Obama.

And the racism rhetoric seems to make its way into every other discourse about the tea party.

You're so close to figuring this out.
 
If I were a liberal out to nail Breitbart, I would have sent him the video, waited a week to see if he'd pay, then sent it to Keith Olberman.

Why do that when you could sell it to Olberman? I'm sure he would have been willing to pay money to rub it in Breitbart's face. There's money to be had from such a video, if it existed.

But... it doesn't.
 
Why do that when you could sell it to Olberman? I'm sure he would have been willing to pay money to rub it in Breitbart's face. There's money to be had from such a video, if it existed.

But... it doesn't.

But...

Several other videos do!
 
Why is it that the subject of communism or socialism is brought up whenever Obama's name is mentioned?

Because people are generally stupid.

And VERY forgetful. Every refrain we've heard about Obama was said about Bush before him.

Communist? Check.
Socialist? Check.
"The next Hitler" Check.
Gas prices his fault? Check.

blah.....blah.....blah.

Wake me when people want to talk politics - intelligently.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom