• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged Andrew Breitbart has died

But he wasn't unintelligent. If you thought he was, then you never understood what he was actually doing. He didn't become successful because just because he was loud or obnoxious or any of the other qualities you didn't like about him. He became successful because he did know what he was doing. And whether or not you like what he was doing, concluding that he was unintelligent, well, that's simply wrong. And since you don't know what he was doing (the most charitable reason for why you could conclude that he wasn't intelligent), your accusation that he did not want to learn is somewhat ironic as well.
My final word on the subject is that I don't like stupidity, regardless of political bent. Breitbart said and did a lot of stupid things in public. Applying the Forrest Gump rule ("Stupid is as stupid does"), that makes him stupid. This is, I believe, more complementary to him than what others might say, namely, that he made his name by being an unprincipled, bald-faced liar.
 
So are Breitbart's attacks on Ted Kennedy really the equivalent of the attacks here against Breitbart?

No, I think not. I think there's a fundamental difference. The problem with Kennedy wasn't simply his politics, with which Breitbart obviously disagreed. Kennedy acted reprehensibly in his personal life too. He did things for which there is no excuse, things which don't stem from political ideological differences but from his own personal character. Chappaquiddick is the most notorious example, but it's not the only one. And it's those actions which earned him the attacks from Breitbart even in death.

But what about Breitbart himself? Has he acted similarly? If his critics were honest, they would have to acknowledge that no, he hasn't. Everything bad that they accuse him of comes from his politics. Everything he's done wrong has been only speech that they don't like. Speech is not immune from criticism, but it's still just speech, there isn't anything else that he's done.

Now, some of you will still conclude that he deserves such insults even in death. But are these attacks the same as his response to Kennedy's death? No. Justified or not, it isn't the same.

:dl:
 
I do not speak ill of the dead who merely failed to meet some moral standard. Breitbart was actively and overtly evil, and there is no excuse for his not realizing it. An injustice would be to allow anyone to make any excuses for him now because people are still suffering from the dreck he smeared on them. I do not even care about the widow. She should have known he was a monster.
 
I wont piss on the mans grave but his death certainly doesn't sadden me to any extent. Condolences to his family and that's it.
 
I do not speak ill of the dead who merely failed to meet some moral standard. Breitbart was actively and overtly evil, and there is no excuse for his not realizing it. An injustice would be to allow anyone to make any excuses for him now because people are still suffering from the dreck he smeared on them. I do not even care about the widow. She should have known he was a monster.

Love is blind.

(Hell, that might explain how I wound up married. Twice.)
 
Some speech is totally criminal, and most of what came out of the slimeball's mouth was a crime.

Perjury, to be exact. Hienous sin as well as a crime.

His early passing is a setback to the work of the devil.
 
Am I the only one who has no idea who the guy was? I had heard the name, and had the vague notion that we was some sort of right wing nut, but don't recall ever reading a single thing he wrote, and looking at his picture on CNN, I don't recall ever even seeing him on TV. Maybe I was watching the wrong shows.

Don't worry about it, you were watching the right shows.
 
He did a bit more than that.

He FRAMED people with out-of-context video and destroyed careers and reputations dishonestly.

While I would not have wished him dead, I am not in the slightest saddened that this "clod be washed away by the sea."

The bell may be tolling for me, but I'm not feeling any regrets.

Your first two sentences cover me on that!! and as for tolling bell:

"Ding, dong, the bitch is dead........."


He worked to earn our distaste and happiness at his leaving.
 
The LaBiancas. He left before the murders were committed but he participated in the break-in.
Fair enough. I'm curious though, isn't Manson still in jail because of the results of his speech or is it because of the break-in?
 
Am I the only one who has no idea who the guy was? I had heard the name, and had the vague notion that we was some sort of right wing nut, but don't recall ever reading a single thing he wrote, and looking at his picture on CNN, I don't recall ever even seeing him on TV. Maybe I was watching the wrong shows.

No.

The only time I ever heard of him was on this forum.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom