• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Dragon Family lawsuit against the United Nations

Check this out:

In a way I'm more skeptical than the ordinary skeptics, because if for example mainstream science said that mind control is real, then most skeptics would accept that claim while I would still be unsure until I can verify it for myself.
My point is that I don't even automatically trust mainstream scientific evidence. For example, I believe all evidence for Einstein's relativity is faked. In that sense I'm more skeptical than most skeptics.


His performance in this thread indicates a strong belief in mind control on his part. What he's describing here, then, isn't skepticism; it's contrarianism.
 
If I hadn't learned about conspiracy theories I would probably still believe the official 9/11 story. So for me conspiracy theories have been useful.

So the only thing a conspiracy theory is good for is giving you something to believe in? Sheesh, even religion does that. But then many religions go on to provide some redeeming social value like feeding the poor. So conspiracism isn't even as good as religion.

A list of the things science produces to benefit mankind would clog this thread. Still think conspiracism is superior?
 
Well, mind control experiments are a huge violation of human rights. That should give you a hint of why there are no experiments like that published in peer-reviewed science journals.

God of the gaps.

Or should I say Smurf cabal mind control of the gaps?

I bet you think that X-ray glasses are real too?
 
I have posted about why I doubt Einstein's relativity in other threads. But ok, it would be difficult to prove that scientific evidence about relativity has been faked.

Science is actually vulnerable to fraud. And it's very difficult to prove fraud since science is today's unquestioned religion and dogma. The scientific method is good, but it requires that it is free from fraud, manipulation and conspiracies.

And say that the Artichoke/Bluebird documents were frauds perpetrated to get money from the Feds.
 
No, no. Completely wrong. I have said all along that the Replicants in Bladerunner is NOT the type of mind control Svali and others have described.

And what evidence is there besides Svali's word. I mean really , you doubt that GPS works and that relativity exists, but you believe some undocumented source of the interwebs?
 
If I hadn't learned about conspiracy theories I would probably still believe the official 9/11 story. So for me conspiracy theories have been useful.

Oh, my...how sad...sounds like once you "discovered" conspiracies, you chose to believe them depending on your whim.


...and that is not how the validity of an idea is determined...at least not in the real world.
 
No you are quoting sources that are not the original source and from pretend psychology with no documentation, 1968 and 1951.

There are no alters, you have no evidence of alters.

Classified documentation may exist. Or even declassified documentation, since it was from several decades ago!
 
Check this out:

In a way I'm more skeptical than the ordinary skeptics, because if for example mainstream science said that mind control is real, then most skeptics would accept that claim while I would still be unsure until I can verify it for myself.
My point is that I don't even automatically trust mainstream scientific evidence. For example, I believe all evidence for Einstein's relativity is faked. In that sense I'm more skeptical than most skeptics.


His performance in this thread indicates a strong belief in mind control on his part. What he's describing here, then, isn't skepticism; it's contrarianism.


See also:
I am modesty aside a super skeptic: where everyone is in the bandwagon, like taking up Buddhism or bashing acupuncture, then I will take the opposite tack.
 
The only evidence you accept is the peer-reviewed kind. Talk about self-fulfilling prophecy.


And there you go with the goalposts again. It isn't to do with "self fulfilling prophecies", it's to do with the essential non-falsifiability of conspiracy theories.

If there's no evidence, you claim that this is because of the conspiracy; if evidence is presented but is debunked it is because the conspiracy has planted it to discredit the theory.
 
False memories for short events, such as for covering up gaps in memory timelines may be possible to implant in people. But longer and more extensive false memories would require extreme sci-fi technology in my opinion.

Yes, that's exactly the opinion I would expect such a program to implant.
 
This just shows how you cling to the scientific community like dogma.

No, he just logically refuted your approach -- correctly so. You have fallen into a false dilemma. You have asserted that were science fails, conspriacism must prevail. But you have failed to consider the case where conspiracism also fails.

Toward that end I have attempted to ask you what process exists in conspiracism to vet its findings. So far your only answer is that if the public believes it, it must be true.

That's religion and not real science.

Hardly. I argue that conspiracism is far more in line with religion, and I'm not the only author to think that.

Conspiracism serves only itself; belief is the only goal. Conspiracism contains no provision for rational disputation or review. Conspiracism is based solely on the conjectural-yet-dogmatic declaration of its author.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom