• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Why vegans are simply better people

Two years of a miserable baconless life?

And it's the last two. It's those all important drooling on yourself, adult diaper, can't remember anything for more then 10 seconds, years. Yeah that's worth a lifetime without bacon, sirloin, gouda, and peanut butter cup ice cream.

It's not like you can go "Give me 18 and 21 again."
 
I personally like a lot of fake meat products, personal preference I guess.

I'm not even a vegetarian, I love meat.


Yeah, I'm a proud carnivore but there are some delicious vegetarian meatballs out there good enough to fool my cat... and Morningstar's corn dogs rule.

Also OP, before coming to a board where the goal is promoting critical thinking and saying READ THIS ONE LINK IT'S ALL THE PROOF I RULE AND YOU DROOL:

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/cancer/the-china-study-vs-the-china-study/
http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/China-Study.html
http://rawfoodsos.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/

As I pointed out to my vegan ex when she threw this at me a few weeks back, your China Study has... well, "issues." Practicing it is fine, and as I say to every vegetarian/vegan who doesn't get all high and mighty about it "I admire your dedication." But using that collection of empirical evidence/possible fad to proclaim some sort of be all/end all mandate that you're a better/smarter/more enlightened person than the rest of us is no different than those using holy books to do the same thing elsewhere in this forum or those using Loose Change in the one below it.

Oh and my BMI is 22 and make the best beef satay you'll ever eat... well, not you because you condescendingly eat bean sprouts instead. Way to give us neanderthals what for.
 
Last edited:
The vegans I know and the ones I knew of on this forum seem nice, calm rational people that are willing to discuss their life choices and otherwise do not try to force it onto others.

One might begin to think that this is something to do with their lifestyle. But no, here is a vegan that shows that we're all just humans, regardless of what we eat. You've got the nice rational people and .. the less so..
 
Its all relative anyway.

For example, I feel best and am healthiest when I eat protein exclusively. I spent 6 months once and ate nothing but meat, fish and eggs and felt great for it. Unfortunately its very hard to maintain because, well, bread is yummy :)
 
When people make a moral criticism of my actions, I take the skeptical approach. I call them names, troll them by stating my intention to engage in actions that I hope will annoy them, state that moral criticisms are irrelevant if I get pleasure out of sticking something in my mouth and avoid engaging in any way with their criticisms. I feel this high-minded and rational approach is what sets the JREF forums apart from youtube comments threads and similar venues.
 
Last edited:
At one time I was an ovo-lacto-vegetarian, basing my menu on Francis Moore Lappe's book, Diet for a Small Planet. At present I eat very little red meat, but some occasionally. I'm still the same person I was before.

As to smoking, I've never had the slightest urge to do it. However, I've known a number of fine people who went through hell kicking the habit or even filed to do so. They aren't selfish, merely physically addicted to nicotine.

Reverebison: I'd be more likely to think of you as a better person if you showed a little compassion for the suffering of others. As it is, you come off like a lot of other vegans I've met who are afflicted with "snotty vegan syndrome." So, given your contempt for people with less than perfect bodies, when do you intend to start singing "The Future Belongs to Me"?
 
Last edited:
Is the arrogance, smugness, rudeness and lack of understanding of others common to all vegans, or is it just you? Either way, your assertion that vegans in general are "better people" appears to be debunked by your own post.

You can't blame him/her. S/he is suffering from vitamin B12 deficiency. As a result s/he has become pernicious.
 
Life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on...

You're not special. Humans are not special or separate from nature in any way. It's impossible to live without killing vast numbers of other organisms. The rodents killed by combine harvesters are more intelligent than cows and chickens.

There's no health benefit to a vegan diet vs a vegetarian or mostly vegetarian diet. The only "benefit" is ideological smugness.

Animal "rights" groups probably do more overall harm than good, by alienating the general public and reinforcing the idea that conservationists are all emotionally-driven smug vegan hippies. They deter people from helping out with sane environmental causes due to fear of association. PETA soaks up donations that would otherwise be going to shelters, research, and real conservation projects, and spends them all on troll-tier advertising, keeping their wiki page free of criticism, and insulin for their president, while not actually doing anything to help animals or the environment.
 
I was a fat vegan.

I am not fat now that I eat meat.

I also had a B12 and iron deficiency despite my 'ultra health' diet and engivita yeast.

Some people smoke as they have a genetic proclivity to addiction.

Did you know the world is obese? That there are more overweight and obese people now than those that are going hungry, and that includes those in developing countries who have probably never seen a donut in their life?

A part of the reason is that human pre-history was dominated by periods of famine, and those who could put on a lot of fat were more likely to survive.

It does appear that we are hardwired to eat too much and eat to excess, and that obesity is an issue that is affecting everyone.

Do you know what doesn't work as far as weight control goes?

Blaming the individual.

Do you also know the quickest way of turning people off of eating a vegetarian, vegan, and/or eating in a more healthful manner?

Being a sanctimonious twat who has probably only just 'converted' to a new diet.

I still eat a lot of veggie foods, I go days without eating any meat.

By not preaching at people, by demonstrating by example, by looking healthy and being fit, I have helped more people alter their eating patterns to be more healthy since I have been eating meat, about five years, than the time I was vegetarian, which was about fifteen years.
 
Last edited:
I used to know a couple who were wholesalers in the 'health' food line. They were strict vegetarians. My wife and I had dinner with them once and I offered to make the coffee after dinner. They spat out the coffee after they discovered that I had made it with tap water instead of the bottled water in their kitchen. All through dinner they were lecturing me on the evils of eating meat. They were very thin, with pale waxy skin and I told them that they were not a good advert for their products. They both died young.
 
I have a different approach to responding to the OP:

Yes, I eat meat. I do so knowing that the animals suffer, and that I would probably be healthier if I ate less of it. And I don't care. Or more to the point, the amount that I care is considerably less than the amount that I enjoy it, so my enjoyment wins out. And if certain people think less of me for it, I also don't care about that.

With that established, do you have a point?
 
I'm going to eat an extra shrimp for you tomorrow. Hmmm nom nom shrimp.
Taken from Maddox's best page in the universe.

bigpot6.jpg


NSFW
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=sponsor

If pandas were as tasty as they are cute then they wouldn't be an endangered species.
 
One of my oldest friends is a vegan, he has been for over 20 years.

He's also a narcissist and a misanthrope.

I'm not suggesting for a minute that the two are related, of course.
 
When I watch people who smoke, I often ask myself how can they do it. What is it that makes these people tick. They deliberately engage in a vice that they know will probably hasten their own death.

Is it because they really don't enjoy life and dying early is OK with them.

Is it because they don't believe in the science that shows how dangerous smoking is?

Or it it because they are selfish. They think of themselves and their enjoyment and don't worry about the consequences until they occur. They don't care that smoking arround their kids infuences their kids to smoke. They don't care that others often have to foot the medical bills in the form of higher insurance premiums, and they don't care about secondary smoke.

I believe that people who don't smoke are better people than those who do. Because I believe those who smoke do it for the last reason.

Now lets talk about meat eaters. That veal you ate last night. A young holstein bull calf was taken from its mother at day one. Kept in a cage to prevent him from moving and fed bucket milk for a few days until he was butchered. A newborn highly evolved consciousness was bought into this world to be tortured basically, a torture we would not perfrom on a prisoner of war, all for your veal.

Chickens kept in cages, debeaked to prevent pecking each other after they go insane from not being able to move for the short one year life span they are given to furnish you your eggs.. the list goes on.

Heart disease. We now know the cause. Meat and oil do not just contribute to heart disease, they are the cause. thats right they are the cause.

I dare you meat eating smart asses to actually take time to read this link:

http://www.thechinastudy.com/PDFs/ChinaStudy_Excerpt.pdf


When you go out into public, it is impossible not to see fat slobs wherever you go. Basically fat footballs with a head on top. Why are they such, just like the smokers.... they eat excessively because they enjoy it and will worry about the consequences later.

They are ugly. Not just because they are obese. But their fat, disgusting bodies are a testimony to their own extreme selfishness and complete lack of discipline. Their bodies are testimony to the worst afflliction one can posess....selfishness, glutony, overindulgance, lack of empathy, and refusal to set an example on how to live well for others, especially our children.....whatever you want to call it...if its bad,,,,baby you go it.

Its been known for years now how dangerous sugars and simple carbs are,,,but I bet your reading this with a dougnut stuffed in your mouth and one in your kids...,now our overindulgance in meat and oil has become our biggest killer. But that won't stop you from eating damn well what you want will it and taking the kids for a bigmac later too. After all, its all about you. And if all this ***** about nutrition is true, you worry about it later.

Thats why vegans are better people...we aren't you.

again....http://www.thechinastudy.com/PDFs/ChinaStudy_Excerpt.pdf

I dare you to read it...

I didn't have veal for tea last night
 
All vegans are lying a-holes, when no one is looking they will eat a pepperoni pizza in heart beat.
 
I wonder if the OP writer knows of the research fairly recently which showed that human development advance quickly when humans started cooking food? Also, as I have often heard pointed out, if people didn't eat meat, then farmers would not be rearing the animals or birds.

I'm in agreement with the majority opinion here.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom