• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Continuation Part 3 - Discussion of the Amanda Knox case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Bri (Hey, I'm a poet!)

I just read somewhere (20 minutes ago) that an Italian MP visited Amanda and she is playing the guitar and singing. I hope she is able to do this IN HER OWN HOUSE soon. :)

Also, something about it taking about an hour or so for her and Raffaele to be released from prison if the correct acquittal is declared. Not sure about that though.

Hi Scorpion :)
I hope that report is true and she is finding solace in music. I hope Raffaelle's ok too...
 
Just an interesting tiny distraction to whats going on. A local tv station posted on facebook the question "Do you think she's guilty, or should be set free?" The responses were not what I expected. 19 replies, 1 asked who Amanda Knox is, 1 thinks she's guilty, 17 say she's innocent. The respondants are all female except the one who asked who Amanda is.
 
Noticing tweets saying PMF is down... anyone know if it's true and why?
 
The main judge, Claudio Pratillo Hellmann, urged those in court to be respectful and quiet when the verdict is read out later. As he said:

''This is NOT a football match''
There is a good radio report (of about 5 mins) from Tom Kington in 'The Guardian'. See link to the report below:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/2011/oct/03/amanda-knox-appeal-live-updates

I thought the statement that ''This is NOT a football match'' is a positive sign. It means that who wins or loses is not the focus. The important thing is that blame and punishment depend on truth; that a just determination of innocence or guilt be made.

The prosecutors think it is a game where people can 'win' even if the evidence doesn't support the side of the 'victors'.

Everybody loses if the evidence doesn't support the verdict to beyond a reasonable doubt. Nobody 'wins' that 'football game'.
 
Just an interesting tiny distraction to whats going on. A local tv station posted on facebook the question "Do you think she's guilty, or should be set free?" The responses were not what I expected. 19 replies, 1 asked who Amanda Knox is, 1 thinks she's guilty, 17 say she's innocent. The respondants are all female except the one who asked who Amanda is.
:jaw-dropp...............:D:D
 
Yet in the same paragraph he said "... the fates of two young people are in the game" :)

He speaks with a forked tongue.:mad::eek:


I can just see him being interviewed (hopefully AFTER they have been acquitted).

Reporter: ''Judge, how were you and the court able to reach this decision after the first trial?''

Judge: ''Wellllll, it's a game of two halves'' :D
 
I thought the statement that ''This is NOT a football match'' is a positive sign. It means that who wins or loses is not the focus. The important thing is that blame and punishment depend on truth; that a just determination of innocence or guilt be made.

The prosecutors think it is a game where people can 'win' even if the evidence doesn't support the side of the 'victors'.

Everybody loses if the evidence doesn't support the verdict to beyond a reasonable doubt. Nobody 'wins' that 'football game'.



Good points.

Also, I do wonder (and hope) whether there is an allusion there to the propensity of our American friends to 'whoop' and 'holler' at a 'Victory' and he was asking for calm and respect to maintain a semblance of court protocol?

Here's hoping! :D :D
 
I thought the statement that ''This is NOT a football match'' is a positive sign. It means that who wins or loses is not the focus. The important thing is that blame and punishment depend on truth; that a just determination of innocence or guilt be made.

The prosecutors think it is a game where people can 'win' even if the evidence doesn't support the side of the 'victors'.

Everybody loses if the evidence doesn't support the verdict to beyond a reasonable doubt. Nobody 'wins' that 'football game'.

It means which ever side wins, don't start cheering like your football team has just won.
 
I got an error message earlier today, but when I persevered I got the page. They may be having server issues. However, I seriously doubt the interest in their site is so great it has crashed it!

Rolfe.
 
Here's a gem of a comment from that cbs article

"No she didn't. She also didn't explain why security camera video showed that she and her boyfriend lied about what time they left her apartment and went to his place. She also didn't explain why security camera video showed she and her boyfriend returned to the apartment much earlier the following morning than they claimed or why they stopped at a market to purchase bleach and other cleaning supplies, and spent several hours scrubbing and scouring away blood evidence at the entrance, foyer and stairs of the apartment before finally calling the police. She also didn't explain how Meredith's phone was discarded a full 24 hours later, with her and her boyfriend's fingerprints on it. While there was certainly a tabloid element to Knox's trial, and the prosecutor seemed to go overboard in demonizing her during the appeal/retrial, there are many legitimate questions regarding Knox's behavior and her changing stories that have never been adequately explained."

There's also a guy going on about how Amanda refused a "lie detector" test like that would mean anything even if it were true.

Sadly, many will always see her as guilty.

Where is this stuff coming from? Granted that's only two in two days, but they seem...constructed in a similar way. Flat out delusional about some things like the CCTV and the phone, which doesn't even sound like he's got the right case to others which seem to suggest a familiarity with the issue including odds things I've never seen brought up like what time they left the cottage, and finally discredited contentions like the buying bleach for a 'clean-up.' Then at the end the pretense of 'acknowledging the holes in the case.'

It's like this weird mix of The Machine and Maundy Gregory. I haven't been keeping up with my PMF and TJMK, are they up to something? Another etherwide 'campaign' this time even more divorced from the facts?
 
Last edited:
.org is down, gives a 503 Service Unavailable Error Message....

Maybe they predicted that after today's acquittals people will come in there and laugh at them and decided that it would be better to take the site down for a few hours?
 
.net is up and running, but they are all commenting on how .org is down due to traffic and that TJMK is only loading about half the page.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom