• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

What is the FUNNIEST or MOST ENTERTAINING conspiracy theory?

Any of them that don't lead to physical harm

I will slightly disagree with that. While I don't find it amusing when person y suffers because of person x believing in a CT, I think the most hilarious CT is so because its adherents keep harming themselves (legally) because of their asinine CT.

In other words, I vote for FOTL.
 
I also get the most enjoyment out of the FOTL type stuff. The extent that these people go to try to sound smart or to use legal terminology is comical. I remember some cartoon character from when I was a kid who was an owl who kind of acted smart and tried to look smart and all the other characters looked up to him, but he was just kind of making things up as he went along. That's the scene that comes to mind when I watch videos from people such as Robert Menard where they are addressing a crowd of people, taking questions and so on. He's just making up nonsense but everyone thinks he's the smartest person in the room.
 
I also get the most enjoyment out of the FOTL type stuff. The extent that these people go to try to sound smart or to use legal terminology is comical. I remember some cartoon character from when I was a kid who was an owl who kind of acted smart and tried to look smart and all the other characters looked up to him, but he was just kind of making things up as he went along. That's the scene that comes to mind when I watch videos from people such as Robert Menard where they are addressing a crowd of people, taking questions and so on. He's just making up nonsense but everyone thinks he's the smartest person in the room.

While that is all true, for me, I have to admit, it is pure schadenfreude watching the idiots put FOTL in action
 
I'll add my vote for Icke's Lizard people aka the Reptoids.

Thirded. ....and aren't they Jewish Lizard people?

As far as conspiracy theories go, I'm convinced that the Weather Channel and Home Depot are in league together. Every time a tiny cloud shows up in the Atlantic, the Weather Channel claims the most devastating hurricane of our time is headed directly for us (paraphrased). The green and yellow pixels get bigger and bigger, and the projected path is always a straight line to the city I live in. Next thing you know, the Home Depot is sold out of bottled water, duct tape, generators, and plywood. Then suddenly, the storm shifts directions and goes out to sea and it barely rains.

That happens at least 4 times a year in Florida. [/conspiracy] :tinfoil
 
I was thinking about this recently. Flat-earthers, as stupid as they are, make me sad. 9-11 nut-balls make me angry.

But, chem-trails adherents honestly make me laugh out loud. I just don't understand how people could believe that nonsense.

So anyway, what's the most entertaining CT for you? Nibiru? Young Earth Creationists? People who think Lord of the Rings is real?

A giant hologram of a project called project blue beam where the U.S government is using HAARP to transmit the return of Jesus christ the virgin mary or a devastating attack by UFO's so they would bring the people of the world to its knees in a secret effort of world domination.

One such group who promote this idea is a group called True Forced Loneliness group who basically stays on Youtube. They also believe in the NWO and they believe that some women are conspiring with the conspirators to keep the men out of line as the name true forced loneliness. They have a general background of misogyny in their view including anti-semitism.

The one who has a prime example of their own group is a guy named RavenGaigeSmith on youtube. He is also a TFL he is off of youtube,but you can find his videos on youtube some a topic other is hate speech. there is a link on the bottom.

watch?v=YFgmmY-5Kto

watch?v=1QFDP6rEMqQ
 
Last edited:
A giant hologram of a project called project blue beam where the U.S government is using HAARP to transmit the return of Jesus christ the virgin mary or a devastating attack by UFO's so they would bring the people of the world to its knees.

One such group who promote this idea is a group called True Forced Loneliness group who basically stays on Youtube. They also believe in the NWO and they believe that some women are conspiring with the conspirators to keep the men out of line as the name true forced loneliness. They have a general background of misogyny in their view including anti-semitism.

The one who has a prime example of their own group is a guy named RavenGaigeSmith on youtube. He is also a TFL he is off of youtube,but you can find his videos on youtube some a topic other is hate speech. there is a link on the bottom.

watch?v=YFgmmY-5Kto

watch?v=1QFDP6rEMqQ

Let me get that for ya. :)



 
I will slightly disagree with that. While I don't find it amusing when person y suffers because of person x believing in a CT, I think the most hilarious CT is so because its adherents keep harming themselves (legally) because of their asinine CT.

In other words, I vote for FOTL.

Some CTer's don't understand the motivations of skeptics to debunk their far out fantasies. Belief that the CIA killed Kennedy or we didn't land on the moon is pretty harmless...HOWEVER belief in FOTL can get you in a lot of trouble if you exercise these beliefs. Fines, loss of cars or homes. I personally don't think that's funny at all...and why I think we should be diligent to show how wrong these beliefs are.
 
This is such a hard question, since so many conspiracies are so hilariously entertaining. As it hasn't yet been mentioned, I must put in a vote for the hollow earth, as its startling idiocy fills me with glee.

Maybe it's easier to approach the question by excluding conspiracies which are unremittingly dreadful however clownish their proponents try to act: Holocaust denial and antivaxxers, for example.
 
Truthers and chemtrailers are so incredibly angry they are no fun to talk to. The latter also has the problem of being completely insane. There is no logical debate with them.

I know a lot of people have fun with JFK theories, UFOs, ghost sightings, ESP, cryptozoology, and the like, but my preferences are towards things that have at least a little bit of technical "meat" to them.

Climate Change Deniers are only mildly interesting to talk to, as they are major goal-post shifters and are always trying to pull the "but that was last month's argument" on you. Creationists are great fun; their knowledge of science ranges from unbelievably bad to almost-good-enough to fool a college student. If you shop around on them, you can almost always find one that is a good contest.

And, yes, the Creationists do manage to come up with some of the most knee-slappingly funny ideas ever. T. Rex gnawing into a coconut. The first elephant to evolve searching in vain for the first FEMALE elephant. And let's not even get started on the Ark. The main problem with Creationists is they have no shame. They will lie, outright lie. Even when you catch one at it and make him admit it, he'll just move to another forum and repeat the same lie to a fresh batch of suckers.

So, for the best value of your entertainment dollar, I nominate the Apollo Hoax. Sure, the silly situations aren't quite as belly-laugh stupid (Polar orbits, say. Or rockets that melt because there is no conduction in space). But there is plenty of fun science to get your teeth into. Plus, out of all the wild conspiracy theories out there, only the Apollo Hoax crowd has consistently staged themselves into trying to argue their case from a scientific and technical basis (instead of delving into the murk of motivations and politics and meaningful stares, where entire nations could be hidden).
 
I have to say I have a special love for any theory or claim or argument that goes so far wrong it begins to approach right from the other side. The sort of thing where you actually stop and say, "You know, it might actually be possible.....no, that's stupid!"

For some reason my favorite showed up once at Godlike Productions, at about the time it was discovered Iran was trying to get their hands on gas-separation centrifuges for their nuclear weapons program. According to the GLP poster, these centrifuges would be used to create uranium 238 by spinning lighter elements really fast.

And you stop for a moment and say "Well, yeah, if you could operate them at .99999 C, and if there was any way to USE the massive product without slowing it down again..." But then you realize you haven't changed the atomic number -- all you've got are some really, really (relativistically) heavy lithium atoms, and not a nice heavy element with an unstable nuclei.

Of course, given the near-light-speed centrifuge capable of handling KILOGRAMS of material, I'm sure you could come up with some dandy weapons applications for the thing!
 
The Big Pharma ones are dangerous, and not particularly funny, but most CTs are very funny.

If I had to pick the funniest ones, it would be Judy Wood's 9/11 space beams second, and this one first:

I think the funniest one is how the ebil US gub'ment and big pharma created AIDs, Ebola, H1N1 and a whole host of other diseases to reduce world population.

Especially when the population of the world is growing exponentially.:jaw-dropp

Not to mention the eeevil vaccines!!11
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom