JoeTheJuggler
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Jun 7, 2006
- Messages
- 27,766
Just committed to skepticism and critical thinking!Wow JoeTheJuggler. Do you have stocks in CFLs or something?![]()
Well. . . given that energy efficient lightbulbs use a LOT less electricity, it's pretty important to get the information right.It just seems to be that I find myself getting dizzy when there are those cheap fluorescent lights on the ceiling, and covering my eyes or leaving the place stops it. It could be confirmation bias. It could be a psychological thing whereby my awareness of the lighting leads me to assume I'm going to get dizzy, and then I do. Whatever it is, it isn't really that important.
If it were true that "energy saving lights" could cause some people chronic suffering, it would be a huge problem since the EISA will require most standard light bulbs to meet energy efficiency guidelines.
It could be your symptoms are psychosomatic, but it could also be that they're real and have nothing to do with fluorescent lights. I encourage you again to consider what evidence would be required to support that claim.