Kaosium
Philosopher
- Joined
- Oct 12, 2010
- Messages
- 6,695
IDK. That's confusing. The photos of the sprayed bathroom I have are dated Dec 18th. The pink bathroom photos were taken Dec 18th, 2007 at 4:07 p.m.
http://www.injusticeinperugiaforum.org/what-the-bathroom-really-looked-like-to-amanda-t905.html
That photo was taken on the 18th. But if you look closely, you will notice that it is not the same photo. We can't yet say for certain that the press photo was taken on the 18th, only that photos of the pink bathroom were taken on the 18th which may be as close as we'll get unless you have more.
I suspect I may know what happened here. Going through the Matteini report caused me to recall an old discussion elsewhere on the genesis of that picture and the claim the bathroom looked like that when Amanda saw it, which was printed in the Telegraph article. The Matteini Report doesn't actually say the bathroom was sprayed with blood, however at the bottom of page four it starts with this, referring to the murder room:
Matteini Report said:[bottom of page 4] … the door, once opened, revealed an astonishing scene, insofar as the room was found in total disarray, with blood stains everywhere, on the floor and on the walls, and furthermore from underneath the eiderdown of the bed, a foot was visible.
I also seem to recall something to the effect that when reporters were first getting news about this that the police would helpfully issue summaries of events, I think might have been passed out by Monica Napoleoni. They'd include salacious lines and often incorrect information. I wonder if this didn't begin by either a reporter misreading the Matteini Report or a police press release incorrectly noting the bathroom had been sprayed down with blood, perhaps by someone who'd seen the chemically treated bathroom and didn't know the whole story?
Thus the legend of the blood-soaked bathroom began, compounded when that picture was released a month or two later without explanation. Whether that happened on purpose or was just another example of 'constructive incompetence' is the question in my mind....

