quadraginta
Becoming Beth
Yes people still be getting their electricity, nothing will change except the amount of coal burned... but no one will see that.
Unless they look at Google Earth, and see more mountaintops being chopped off.
Yes people still be getting their electricity, nothing will change except the amount of coal burned... but no one will see that.
Yes people still be getting their electricity, nothing will change except the amount of coal burned... but no one will see that.
To be fair, I have seen some Athiests who are just as intolerent as religious fundies.

Watching them drop the water on the reactors right now, I can't help but think -- what happens when you suddenly cool a superheated material?
I don't know about that, but do you think they are somehow getting the water where it needs to go? I'm at work without TV. I'm amazed that it has come to this.
This shows though that there's plenty of misinformation on all sides.But then, they also forget the environmental impact that comes with the production of solar cells, as well as the fact that very rare materials are needed to produce them, gathered by employing really, really nasty methods.
unfortunately the US NRC is starting to sound like that too:
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/16/japan.nuclear.reactors/index.html?hpt=T1
THe next step is asking for volunteers to take a hose up to the exposed material.......but that is the kind of thing where you would give them a ceremonial Sake toast before they start.....![]()
This shows though that there's plenty of misinformation on all sides.
Why are you (kind of) against nuclear power?
(I assume this is true since you say you would prefer it wasn't necessary).
Never mind how many a-bombs the US detonated in Japan.
Have you any idea how many have been tested in Nevada?
Anderson Cooper is now using the "Keeping them Honest" line about the crisis.
Frankly, I could beat the crap out of him now.
Does that explain why I turned out the way I did?
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/fuk...spection-records/story-fn84naht-1226023073141THE Japanese owner of the stricken Fukushima nuclear plant falsified safety data and "dishonestly" tried to cover up problems there.
Tokyo Electric Power Co injected air into the containment vessel of Fukushima reactor No 1 to artificially “lower the leak rate”. When caught, the company expressed its “sincere apologies for conducting dishonest practices”.
The misconduct came to light in 2002 after whistleblowers working for General Electric, which designed the reactor, complained to the Japanese government. Another GE employee later confessed that he had falsified records of inspections of reactor No1 in 1989 - at the request of TEPCO officials. He also admitted to falsifying other inspection reports, also on request of the client. After that incident TEPCO was forced to shut down 17 reactors, albeit temporarily.
Watching them drop the water on the reactors right now, I can't help but think -- what happens when you suddenly cool a superheated material?