Kevin_Lowe
Unregistered
- Joined
- Feb 10, 2003
- Messages
- 12,221
Hi ! New poster and new to this case. My 2yr old broke her leg 2 weeks ago and I had lots of time indoors and came across this case. After reading a decent amount, I am pretty much for a not guilty vote. There are a few things I cant find good answers to though. Hoping I can get some answers here!
1. What is the prosecutions evidence that the floor was cleaned? Would it not be seen that some areas were cleaner than others?
The only "evidence" of a clean-up is the all the nonexistent damning evidence that they are sure would be there, if only there hadn't been a clean-up. It's an unfalsifiable hypothesis essentially.
2. Where is AK's or RS's "cleaned-up" bloody footprints in Meridiths room? Or did they supposedly hop or walk on towels til they got to the door or what?
They cleaned them up, duh!
3. I hear talk of mixed blood in the bathroom from AK and MK. If this really is AK's fresh blood, where did it come from? Why would Amanda be bleeding?
The prosecution story is that Amanda got injured in a fight with Meredith, however there's absolutely nothing to support that idea. It's another case of the prosecution confusing fitting a fact into a narrative on one hand, and finding evidence to incline a reasonable person to believe that narrative on the other.
Amanda's story was that she had an infected ear piercing which she cleaned in the sink, I believe.
I don't see blood in the sink being substantially more likely to be there in a guilty scenario than a non-guilty scenario.
4. Why do they think Rudy left right away? Why couldnt his footprints be from entering the room again after a period of time and then leaving?
As far as I can tell the real reasoning is "We want the blood in the bathroom to be evidence of Knox and Sollecito's guilt, so we need to make up a story where Guede was never in the bathroom at all, so we'll say he ran straight out the door after Meredith was stabbed".
That way they can claim the footprint on the bathmat was Raffaele's (because Guede ran right out, right?) and all the blood in the bathroom was put there by Raffaele and Amanda.
Once you admit the possibility that Guede went in there to wash blood off his leg after stabbing Meredith all that lovely pro-guilt evidence instantly becomes meaningless.
5. For the DNA evidence, I dont see anywhere where it is given the odds of the DNA being a particular individual. (ie 1:35,000,000 or 1:10).
I have some more but that's it for now!! Thanks!!
I don't think I've ever seen such numbers myself, but I don't actually think they are relevant in this case.
The false positive rate is important in cases where there is no obvious suspect at hand and a national DNA database is used to link someone to the crime. In such cases where the DNA could be compared to tens of thousands of potential matches the false positive rate is something you want to know about.
In a case like this one where the pool of suspects is tiny the odds of a false positive are so incredibly low they aren't relevant.
In this case what we are worried about is deliberate falsification or contamination in the laboratory, and in neither of those cases is the notional false positive rate due to coincidentally similar DNA a relevant number.
PS. Being so new to this case it was amazing to go to some of the first threads and see that almost everything reported about this case in the first weeks turned out to be false... cctv footage showing AK entering the cottage, phone calls to guede from AK, "bloody bathroom" photo, bleach receipts, etc....
Yup. If you're pro-guilt, about the only thing the police got right at all was, miraculously, the identity of the three killers (once they did a quick switcheroo to pop Lumumba out and Rudy in). Everything they claimed to base that conclusion on was wrong, but the conclusion was right... if you believe in that sort of thing.
If you're pro-innonence, of course, it's obvious that the whole investigation was a balls-up from the very beginning.