CDHost
Critical Thinker
- Joined
- Jan 14, 2011
- Messages
- 270
what lethal acts
I've had a similar experience. I've been asking:
The pro-guilt response to this could be summarised as (and I quote no particular person) "(long silence) um (long silence) THEY DID IT ANYWAY THEY'RE GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY!". I'm completely serious. We've been asking for some time now for any pro-guilt poster to present even one remotely plausible story for how Knox and Sollecito could possibly have been guilty given the facts we now know and not one of them has managed to do so.
A couple have started out on one, but they rapidly ran aground on the plain fact that Meredith almost certainly died before 21:30 and Knox and Sollecito were almost certainly at home until long after 21:30. There's no way to get around that. It's no longer a matter of whether there's proof beyond reasonable doubt Knox and Sollecito did it, it's a question of whether it's even conceivable that they did do it, and the pro-guilt crowd can't even convincingly argue that it's conceivable.
Yet despite this, not one pro-guilt poster has come forward and said "Well in that case, maybe they didn't do it, I guess I was wrong". Given that several of them are people who've posted at the JREF for some time, that's pretty sad.
The reason why they haven't is, I think, twofold. One, (and there is some hard evidence for this) people who believe Knox are guilty generally aren't the most rational tools in the box to start with. Two, they have immersed themselves in their echo chamber at perugiamurderfile.org where they constantly reinforce each other's falsified factual beliefs about the case, and constantly misrepresent pro-innocence arguments to each other so that they only ever encounter straw man versions of them on their home turf
I've had a similar experience. I've been asking:
- What lethal acts do we know for certain that Amanda Knox performed?
- What lethal acts do we know for certain that Raffaele Sollecito performed?
- What lethal acts do we know for certain that Rudy Guede performed?