RoseMontague
Published Author
The paper that is running this story is the paper that discovered Curatolo and the shopkeeper for Mignini
LOL,
Yes it is.
Front page pdf link:
http://online.giornaledellumbria.it/immagini/01_primapg.pdf
The paper that is running this story is the paper that discovered Curatolo and the shopkeeper for Mignini
I agree. I think someone fed them this story and there is no truth to it whatsoever. There is nobody even named in this story that you could fact check with the court records. It would obviously be a matter of public record. The fact that the names are missing makes it impossible to disprove. It could just as well be made up.
CD-Host has a very nice blog and has had several interesting posts on the Kercher case. If you get a chance check this one out about the computer information and see the comments for even more. IIRC, the man-touch quote had it's origin from CD-Host.
Apparently the drug dealer came up with the story, whatever it may be, but Amanda's cell phone records do not support his claim.
Hi Rose. Yes it is true. I'm enough of a geek that the first image in my head from "man touch" is MANual for Timestamp COre Utility (I don't know where they got the H). That's bad.
BTW can I post the files you emailed me on the blog or do you want to? I found more on the Toshiba BIOS issue which was there reason supposedly for not being able to get the data since it was too tough it is to get a Toshiba BIOS. I can't do URL's yet (under 15 posts) so cut and paste: uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_bios.jsp
![]()
What did you think of the argument made by Raffaele's lawyers that the screen-saver logs might provide clues of computer activity during the time this murder may have occurred?
I think he is absolutely right. OSX (the Mac operating system) is not a high security operating system. It doesn't offer good quality journaling of activity in a single place by default, it isn't designed for that. In looking at an OSX system, you start by understanding nothing is "beyond a reasonable doubt" but to make your best estimate; you want to use every sign of activity on the system and try and draw a picture from all the activity on the entire system looking at every log file. None of these files makes any claim to being comprehensive.
So for example I'd look at kernel.log to see if the machine had been slept:
/var/audit (not a log) contains various auditing messages, you can look at your latest via:
sudo praudit /var/audit/current
I'd be looking at places like
/Users/[raf's username]/Library/Mail, since most likely he kept his email on
Funny also how Knox and Sollecito could have been using cocaine up to and around (and even after) the death of Meredith, yet apparently neither their urine nor their hair tested positive for cocaine use............
Question: does any rational person objectively believe that the latest newspaper report - which, in case anyone forgot, claims that Knox had telephone contact pre- and post- Meredith's murder with an Italian man who's been convicted of cocaine dealing - can be translated into news that Knox was buying cocaine from a drug dealer in Perugia? Surely one would have to be either mentally deficient and/or suffering from terminal confirmation bias to apply that sort of logic, wouldn't one....?
Question: does any rational person objectively believe that the latest newspaper report - which, in case anyone forgot, claims that Knox had telephone contact pre- and post- Meredith's murder with an Italian man who's been convicted of cocaine dealing - can be translated into news that Knox was buying cocaine from a drug dealer in Perugia? Surely one would have to be either mentally deficient and/or suffering from terminal confirmation bias to apply that sort of logic, wouldn't one....?
So there was a hair test? Hair tests are good 90+ days. Urine tests can be clean after a couple days.
I don't know, but this will probably be the headline on TJMK. Doesn't matter if its unconfirmed, has no names, and that Amanda was drug tested and not found to have cocaine in her system. It's enough to start another rumor that will never die along with other media lies like Amanda being caught on CCTV at the cottage, Patrick demoting Amanda, and the blood-spattered bathroom pic.
Which makes me think............. I wonder if one of the three might just possibly be Sig. Guede? His Supreme Court final appeal ended on 16th December of last year...........
What happened to the 3 guys that had a grow house downstairs. Surely they went to court and was convicted for it.
What happened to the 3 guys that had a grow house downstairs. Surely they went to court and was convicted for it.
That's one thing that never crossed my mind. Those three guys must have **** themselves when they found out that the police broke into their level of the cottage. I do wonder what the outcome of the police finding the pot plants was.
Question: does any rational person objectively believe that the latest newspaper report - which, in case anyone forgot, claims that Knox had telephone contact pre- and post- Meredith's murder with an Italian man who's been convicted of cocaine dealing - can be translated into news that Knox was buying cocaine from a drug dealer in Perugia? Surely one would have to be either mentally deficient and/or suffering from terminal confirmation bias to apply that sort of logic, wouldn't one....?
This is very true - but as I said above I think it's a huge stretch to suppose that these same guys might be in any way connected to the cocaine dealing story.
But even so - as you say - I wonder how the police responded to finding them growing cannabis. In the UK, the law doesn't look too kindly on people cultivating cannabis plants, even if it's for (predominantly) personal use. The penalties are generally far more severe than they are for simple possession. I wonder if any of the boys in the flat below were ever prosecuted?