AkuManiMani
Illuminator
- Joined
- Jan 19, 2008
- Messages
- 3,089
There are plenty of people here who question my experiences and I've no problem with them whatsoever. Like I already said, it isn't about whether or not someone agrees with me but in how they approach me for discussion. If you think its petty for me to treat petty people in like manner, thats fine, but don't try to pigeonhole me into the role of some mean fellow who just pokes fun at people for merely disagreeing.
[ETA: I'd very much prefer to sling direct insults but forum guidelines restrict all such behavior to the "passvie-agressive" snide remark variety. If it were up to me I'd much rather punch a mug in the mug and get it over with.]
Oh, I don't think you're particularly mean; you're just a guy who likes to pick a fight, and thus sees potential fights everywhere. You're a bit too sensitive to other people's tones, and when you decide somebody is being rude, you immediately respond with such aggression that if they weren't rude before, they're certainly not going to be nice now.
But what really annoys me is that you've wasted ten pages on your personal attacks, skirting around the rules as you are. There's just no excuse for such behaviour, no matter how slighted you felt by a poster.
I've observed the posting history of some of the people I've 'attacked'. Many of them are not particularly nice to begin with and almost continually fall-back on the passive-aggressive tactics you've expressed a disliking to. But because they mostly reserve such treatment for posters who hold unpopular views it seems most here turn a blind eye to it.
While I realize that my level of vitriol can be excessive at times, my ire has more to do with my dislike of their character than it does any personal slights they may have directed towards me. However, your point is well taken and I'll definitely try to tone my behavior down.
I don't particularly appreciate Limbo's style of vocally ignoring posters for perceived insults, but it's preferable to making a whole thread a place for you to take your vengeance. If a poster annoys you so much, put them on ignore. That way we'll all be spared the annoyance.
Out of respect for posters like you I'll definitely try to tone it down. But FYI, I don't do ignore as I don't like hiding or blocking out something just because its unpleasant. If a poster wants respectful treatment from me then they will approach me with the respect they want in return. Else-wise, they're fair game as far as I'm concerned.
Last edited:
