loverofzion
Unregistered
- Joined
- Jul 3, 2010
- Messages
- 523
Nonsense. The four criteria you enumerated ("vagueness, conformity with the police narrative she had been fed, total lack of information which she had not picked up from police, retraction after some time to recover") are all also qualitites I would expect in a statement from someone desperately lying in a misguided attempt to escape from a police interrogation.
You are simultaneously attributing mutually contradictory qualities to Knox in attempt to portray the unlikelihood of Knox being a liar. In doing so, you are attempting to create a false dilemma, in which the possibility of her being knowledgeable about some aspects of police interrogation (e.g. "be as vague and noncommittal as possible") while being ignorant of others (e.g. "if you place yourself at the scene of a crime, you can very well become a suspect") is not actually logically precluded.
I've never asserted that she was a highly skilled criminal or even that she was particularly intelligent in general, so I have no problem hypothesizing that she made many stupid mistakes during and after the commission of Meredith's murder.
"Wildly implausible"? I do not think so. She could just as well be (in her words) a "stupid liar".
I find it telling that the priniciple of Occam's Razor is invoked quite frequently by those arguing for Knox's innocence with regards to the alleged motive, the staged break-in, and many other aspects of the crime scene and investigation, and yet it is hastily discarded when not to do so would be inconvenient for their position.
The simplest explanation is NOT that she produced a "true" false confession/accusation, but rather that she is a liar.
She is absolutely, unequivocally a liar.
It's like the Emperor's New Clothes; all it takes is one courageous truthsayer to blow all this nonsense about coercion and false confessions out of the water.