Heat rises. Think about that.
ETA oh Tri beat me to it![]()
Mental note next time... never mention fire and heat with him. Every time you do you will get the same answer; "no steel recovered reached the critical temperatures"
*sigh*
technical reports aren't suited for these people :\
Tony, are you a citizen of the United States only, or do you maintain dual citizenship with some other country? \
You seem to forget that technical reports describe their criteria for things like sample identification. NIST is very clear about their use of identifying markers on the column samples to determine their as built locations and were very specific about finding structural members that were in the impact region. You apparently expect them to have determined this without such markers and I find that fragrantly ridiculous. This is exactly the point I've been making about your ability to read the reports... you either don't read them in their entirety, you ignore the material, or you don't understand it. :\Technical reports on disasters usually have physical evidence to support what they are saying. We don't here and it is a serious criticism.
United States only.
Great. This affects your interpretation of the events of 9/11/2001 how, exactly?
You seem to forget that technical reports describe their criteria for things like sample identification. NIST is very clear about their use of identifying markers on the column samples to determine their as built locations and were very specific about finding structural members that were in the impact region. You apparently expect them to have determined this without such markers and I find that fragrantly ridiculous. This is exactly the point I've been making about your ability to read the reports... you either don't read them in their entirety, you ignore the material, or you don't understand it. :\
What do you expect the NIST to have done without the identifying marks? Play eeny meeny monty moe and arbitrarioly choose samples to be representative of those located within the impact regions on a spontaneous whim? I don't think soooo...
I don't think it affects my interpretation in any way. I am looking at it in a disinterested way as a technical person should.
Unfortunately, after looking into this mess for several years I have found that there is either a large cover-up or that the reports were done by exceedingly silly and stupid people since they do not explain what actually occurred.
The following is taken from The National Institute of Standards and Technology's youtube channel.What evidence is there of failures occurring a dozen floors below the east penthouse? In the videos I only see light through windows one floor below the roofline of the main building.
![]()
WTC7, just prior to the start of the 16 second collapse sequence. NIST is one of the few youtube vids that show the early part of the collapse sequence. East Mechanical Penhouse is marked.
![]()
Roofline of the EMP has buckled, the collapse is now underway, and probably has been for a few seconds prior to this. Some damage (circled in blue) has appeared on a window pane several floors directly underneath the collapsing penthouse.
![]()
Failure of the EMP continues, the majority of the structure remains on top of the building at this point, however the damage several floors below has gotten worse. three windows appear to be broken. Separated from eachother by intact windows. We know that this is not due to a blast event, because an explosive shockwave powerful enough to rend structural steel would have taken out every window on that floor, possibly others above and below. Explosive shockwaves don't pick and choose what they destroy in this manner.
![]()
The EMP is almost completely gone by this point. The damage several floors down is worse again. Having eliminated blast events as the cause, and since it started simultaneously with the beginning of the EMPs collapse, a more likely explanation is weakening and failure of nearby structural supports, twisting and distortion of the buildings frame has affected the windows closest to the initial failure. It is obviously this failure deep inside the main body of WTC7 which caused the collapse of the East Mechanical Penthouse and is directly related to the collapse of the building as whole.
Tony "You Must Be a Jew" Szamboti will be unable to provide a satisfactory explanation of these observations that fits a blast scenario (Mr. Randi, I'll take my million in Canadian funds).
The size change with height gives you an approximation only, the markings on the steel itself gives you a precise location. Precisely how they were able to determine what samples were located such to be impacted directly by the planes.It sounds like you don't understand that the fact that the steel sizes changed with height precludes the need for specific marking for finding steel from a general floor area.
NCSTAR 1-3B shows examples of these markings. As far as I cas see, the readability of these was contingient upon the condition of said markings at the time of recovery, not at the time they were initially subjected to fire following the plane impacts. You're ignoring any deterioration between the time of collapse, and the time of recovery. Not smart.On top of that, much of the steel had its markings stamped into it which fire would not affect.
Some of it was, but where it was is again, contingent upon the condition of the steel member at the time of recovery, not pre-collapse. Not all of these markings could be identified.The steel in the fire affected floors was easily identifiable and it is ridiculous that you would even try to argue otherwise.
I'm sorry if I offend you everytime I point out that you've failed to understand a particular part of the report but I generally make an effort to avoid cheap shots. I'd like to ask that you at least provide me with the same respect or I will not hesitate to refrain from taking you seriously. I have no interest in the whole dual citizenship claim tangent or whatever it is...You are simply spouting a NIST fairytale here without thinking for yourself.
There is no legitimate reason for the steel from the collapse initiation floors not to have been found and saved.
I don't think it affects my interpretation in any way. I am looking at it in a disinterested way as a technical person should.
/QUOTE]
You were way out of line going after Gravy's citizenship the way you did. I'm not even going to bother quoting you, since it's on Gravy's webpage
Typical that you would excuse yourself from the very issue you took him to task on.
Grizzly and Glenn, well said. Good posts.
Kim Johnson makes an utterly false statement:
Using the scale on screen method I came up with ~20 feet at the north west corner. Your measurement is probably more accurate than mine so shall we settle on ~30 feet?
I edited the graphic to be more accurate and changed "1-2 sec" to "About 1 sec".
http://a.imageshack.us/img826/7267/nistwtc7modelvideo14s16.jpg
Q: Do you detect any movement from 14 to 15 sec? If not, I will change that too.
wow, sword of truth cuts deep. Its so obvious from this.Got something here for you to look at, Tony. You've dodged it three times now.
19 terrorists flew 4 planes and hit 74 percent of their goal.Technical reports on disasters usually have physical evidence to support what they are saying. We don't here and it is a serious criticism.
Your sighing and seeming exasperation has no basis here and is ridiculous.
wow, sword of truth cuts deep. Its so obvious from this.
Does anyone know if they remove windows when they do a CD. I was just wondering if explosives were responsible for taking out columns internally what sort of evidence you would see externally.
When he is safe surrounded by dry land, reality... all he has to do is step on to reality out of his baby pool.... like a drowning man to a life preserver.
EVERY professional controlled demolition involves window removal. If you set off explosives in a structure that still has windows, you create a lethal hazard from shrapnel.
Funny that neither windows exploding, nor shrapnel injuries outside the ordinary collapse radius, were observed. These two items alone rule out explosive demolition, along with about a million other observations, yet the morons cling to it like a drowning man to a life preserver.
