Well, no anti-tank weaponry=no DU, really (though there are plenty of anti-tank weapons that use other armor-penetration technologies).
1) 7.62mm DU round (suggesting DU is not solely useful against armour)
Ironically, all the citations I can find for DU in this caliber indicate limited quantities for testing during the 1990s. Indeed, my primary sources indicate that this test round
never went into production (suggesting that DU is not particularly useful in that caliber).
I admit, though, that as a military technology buff, I'd be fascinated to learn of a weapon system using DU ammunition in this caliber, commonly (or even rarely) deployed with U.S. infantry forces today.
Do you have any citations?
The army trains for all sorts of possibilities. They hit the target confronting them with the weapons at hand. Why the U.S. Army would deploy a dedicated tank-hunter against soft targets, though, is a different story altogether.
They'd be much more productive deploying Apache helicopters, which fire explosive shells. Or using the A-10's extremely versatile bomb payload, rather than its highly-specialized anti-armor gun (if they even bothered to deploy A-10s in Fallujah; seriously, do you even know how many A-10 squadrons were deployed in Iraq at the time, where they were based, and what their tasking was?).
If you want to play the supposition game (which I guess you do, since even after insisting that you're not making any DU claim, you still insist on talking about it), then I have to say your suppositions are wildly implausible compared to mine.
I mean, seriously? The Army tested small-caliber DU rounds in the 90s? And some guy once saw a tankbuster bust a concrete building on a training range one time?
Please! I've seen video footage of helicopter gunships shooting real people
really in Iraq with explosive shells. It looked like the guy was caught in a horrible, tragic popcorn popper. Seriously.
So which supposition is more plausible? Yours or mine?