• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged Israel Attacks Palestinian Aid Flotilla, According To Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
similar lists have been made before. I am confident a good 50% of it is true, especially dealing with the livestock.
Your assumption is as good as mine. I'm just pointing out you shouldn't claim these items are banned so definitively.
 
I should remind you that the notion that any of these are actually restricted is hearsay.

Just for fun, I emailed the public relations office of Israel's Ministry of Foreign Affairs and asked if they could provide information about whether items like chocolate, vinegar, and ginger are actually banned.
 
Snipping the stuff I agree with (although I think you give Arafat too much credit), the way I understand blockades working, it's only legal if you stop ALL ships. If you are partial in your application and decided to let ships from Turkey through, the blockade might violate international law in point of fact, and not just in talking points.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/b/blockade/

Nothing is ever simple is it?
 
Just for fun, I emailed the public relations office of Israel's Ministry of Foreign Affairs and asked if they could provide information about whether items like chocolate, vinegar, and ginger are actually banned.

Why do you think that divulge such state secrets to you when they won't even divulge it the BBC?
 
Why couldn't they just back off and think of a safer way of stopping the flotilla? Is stopping aid so vital that one must risk killing people, in the "last resort"?

If the Israelis were planning for possible violence why weren't they properly prepared for defusing it rather than escalating it?

The "activists" on the flotilla have one goal: dead Jews.
There is no "defusing" them.
 
I apologize if this has already been posted but I find this pretty inspiring. A lone Jewish high school student goes to an anti Israel protest with an Israeli flag.



Fortunately the police are there to protect him from the frothing-of-the-mouth mob

Ah, peace activists. You gotta love 'em.

"All we are saaaaaaaaaying,

Is give peace slaughtering the dirty Jew(s) a chance..."

These folks remind me of the aliens from Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide saga that lived on a planet constantly covered with clouds. Once they sent a probe outside the discovery of the universe had so shocked them, that they decided to eradicate it.

So they went out of their planet in a big fleet of spaceship, "singing songs of peace, love, happiness, and destruction of all other life forms".
 
The attack has been called an act of state terrorism and an illegal act of warfare.


By whom?

Hamas.

That's certainly an expert's opinion, to quote Churchill's quip to Roosevelt when Hitler declared the bombing of Rome by the Allies is a "war crime".
 
I tell you one thing: the kid is not an Israeli. No Israeli will be caught dead wearing a civilian shirt with a huge IDF logo on it... they have quite enough of the IDF in their lives without it.
 
I tell you one thing: the kid is not an Israeli. No Israeli will be caught dead wearing a civilian shirt with a huge IDF logo on it... they have quite enough of the IDF in their lives without it.

I think he said he was born in Israel but he obviously lives in the states. You really gotta admire the stones of this 15 year old kid. I don't think I could do it. I think I could face a crowd like that with some like minded people, but not alone. My hat is off to him! Like I said before, it's inspiring to see his resolve.
 
Ah, peace activists. You gotta love 'em.

"All we are saaaaaaaaaying,

Is give peace slaughtering the dirty Jew(s) a chance..."

These folks remind me of the aliens from Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide saga that lived on a planet constantly covered with clouds. Once they sent a probe outside the discovery of the universe had so shocked them, that they decided to eradicate it.

So they went out of their planet in a big fleet of spaceship, "singing songs of peace, love, happiness, and destruction of all other life forms".

One of the "peace activists" accuses the 15 year old high school student of "You killed my baby!". I question this. Does/did she have a baby? Was this high school student responsible for the death of such baby? The protesters are living in a fantasy land with delusions of persecution where evil Jews are responsible for everything. In a way, they are simply "truthers".
 
I wasn't criticizing him, just amused by it... in fact, on second thought, if I were doing what he was doing I just might wear that shirt, simply to make a point. Then again, I could go in my IDF uniform...
 
In Turkey the just had a big protest, "death to the murderous Israel". Irony is not these folks' strong point.
 
I wasn't criticizing him, just amused by it... in fact, on second thought, if I were doing what he was doing I just might wear that shirt, simply to make a point. Then again, I could go in my IDF uniform...

I'm not Jewish and have never been to Israel(but hope to someday!)...but I'd love to have the stones to wear his T-shirt at that location.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom