You're avoiding the core issue that this is a naval blockade their running, their provocation when the IDF boarded the vessel refusing to stop attempting to break a naval blockade
I acknowledge that, and have done so since I started posting in this thread. It is evident from the Ship to Gaza homepage that this is what they stated they would do, what they had in mind when they set out, and what they at all times anticipated that they would do.
I still do not think that there is any reason to murder people when you yourself have put yourself in the position where someone is beating you up.
An honest question:
Could it have been possible for larger Israeli ships to simply try to block the path of the convoy ships, once it was clear for them that they risked being injured or even killed if they boarded the ships because of the way the violent morons of the
Mavi Marmara behaved? Could some sort of cruiser or something either just place itself in the convoy ships' path, or try to push them gently out of the way, or would they be outmaneuvered by the convoy ships?
I have no idea what sorts of ships the Israeli have, but if that would be at all possible, then I think that is something that could perhaps be tried when that Irish ship comes. If they can just delay the Irish ship long enough, it will eventually run out of petrol and be forced to either surrender peacefully or return to some other port in the area.
Or is this suggestion entirely unreasonable?
I do not necessarily think that the Israeli were unjustified in trying to stop the ships, and as I wrote in an earlier post, I'm guessing that was what the convoy organisers hoped for, as that would give them more publicity than if they were actually allowed to enter Gaza. I also find it utterly despicable that the passengers of the
Mavi Marmara, despite having agreed to use only non-violent resistance techniques, attacked the Israeli soldiers. However, the Israeli soldiers murdered several people, and that is even worse. No one should be allowed to hide behind being a soldier when they have murdered someone, even in war.
Would you use the term 'murdering' for instance police officers that used deadly force against knife wielding suspects? Is there an equal application to this weighted term?
Yes, I would. Unless it can be shown that the police was physically or mentally incapable of solving the problem in any other way. For instance, in the unlikely event that the police was strapped into some Saw-esque contraption that made him fire a gun every time he blinked, I would not count this as a murder. I would also not call it murder if a death happened through an accident or through neglect. In all other cases, the killing of man by man is always murder. Maybe not in the legal sense, but to me, it certainly is in the moral sense.
Feel free to post your sources whenever you have time.
Again, mentioned this before, the weapons were NOT in the kitchen when boarded, neither were the piles of metal bars, the machetes and various knives, on top of the molotov cocktails, they were being actively used (as seen in the videos) by these activists, and found strewn about the ship when the hostilities finally ended.
And where were they before the hostilities began? Is this known? Where they were afterwards is entirely uninteresting, as I assume the Israeli soldiers were not stupid enough to allow the idiots who had just attacked them to place their metal bars in their special racks, and the knives in their drawers, and the scarves in their boxes after the hostilities had ended. It seems more likely that these would have been strewn about as a result of the peace activists just dropping them where they stood, after the event.