I read about this attack last night, on yahoo even as I went online, at least I think it was about that time. Anywhooo, I wasn't surprised, due to two reasons:
1) I had heard about potential aid ships planning to go to Gaza a week or two earlier, so I knew there would be controversial updates down the road.
2)The process of getting relief, aid et al into Gaza has been a swollen, touchy pimple in the face of this Middle Eastern craziness for quite a while. So, those who came up with the idea of starting up international flotillas bound for Gaza, should've anticipated deaths, or severe injuries at minimum (I suspect they might have, perhaps even an inherent goading purpose?). I certainly did.
There's simply no way to avoid civilian causalties in this mess, unless you have the flotilla protected by either armed US ships or scores of UN ones (allthough it would, in hindsight, probably make it worse). Either swamp the entire Gaza coastline with enough ships relief workers and activists that the IDF simply wont know which side is up or down, or don't bother trying with these half-arsed and consequently unfortunate stunts.
1) I had heard about potential aid ships planning to go to Gaza a week or two earlier, so I knew there would be controversial updates down the road.
2)The process of getting relief, aid et al into Gaza has been a swollen, touchy pimple in the face of this Middle Eastern craziness for quite a while. So, those who came up with the idea of starting up international flotillas bound for Gaza, should've anticipated deaths, or severe injuries at minimum (I suspect they might have, perhaps even an inherent goading purpose?). I certainly did.
There's simply no way to avoid civilian causalties in this mess, unless you have the flotilla protected by either armed US ships or scores of UN ones (allthough it would, in hindsight, probably make it worse). Either swamp the entire Gaza coastline with enough ships relief workers and activists that the IDF simply wont know which side is up or down, or don't bother trying with these half-arsed and consequently unfortunate stunts.
Last edited: