• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged Israel Attacks Palestinian Aid Flotilla, According To Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The incident has caused a great uproar in Turkey.
many of the activists are Turkish.

This gives high hopes for easy passage through Turkish territory with the Free Kurdistan convoy I'm organizing.

Assuming that there is no double standard, of course. :p
 
Shame! Can't those Jews be considerate and kill a few of their own whenever there is a fight, when they see there aren't enough casualties on their side to balance the picture?

one wonders if an exasperated IDF commander has not (hopefully jokingly) suggested such a strategy at some point...
 
i have seen a video where they showed injured and claimed one death before the Israelis are even entering the ship, and indeed one guy beats an IDF Soldier, when he enters the ship.
that is reason to kill some 19 guys?
Claimed by who? Presstv or Turkish tv?

These are elite commando troops and don't shoot unless they really have to.
 
I can't be bothered to read anything about this incident. I'm sure Israel had just cause and showed impressive restraint. They could just kill everyone y'know. We have a special relationship with the only democracy in the middle-east. They're not bad for a bunch of socialist Jews (with any luck, Jesus will change that soon).
 
Is anyone else curious as to why a group of marxists were cruising around on that ultimate symbol of capitalist excess, a luxury yacht ?
 
The flaw in your argument was that the ship wasn't stopped for the reasons listed but as part of a blockade. Now thats only allowed if a blockade is legal (a rule introduced after it was found that blockades were having an unacceptable impact on trade). Unfortunately there has never been much agreeement as to what counts as a legal blockade. While the Isreali blockade probably meets the old "effective" standard it status with regards to post WW2 standards is unclear.

Of course isreal is in no position to complain about people running blockades. 6th airborne troops were repeatly attacked trying to deal with blockade runners back in the day.
There's no flaw. If the IDF suspects anything to be on board that can be used to Hamas's advantage (material-wise), they are able to search the ship and detain those aboard it.

Karine-A is the prime example how this naval blockade has been effective. This blockade isn't primarily dealing with an economic blockade, but one of materials entering Gaza, from weaponry to dual-use items which can be converted to weapons. Unless you can counter how this blockade is not effective, this application to a WWII standard is irrelevant.
 
And then there's this.

Plucked from that freaky far left message board I read. it was posted by the one, single person over there who thinks Israel should try to defend itself and is currently being threatened with banning for "incorrect thought" by the tyrants that moderate the place.
 
well i think sofar that the soldiers overreacted.
Nonsense, in fact I think their action was quite underwhelming. No boarding should be without drawn cutlasses and a cry of "the fleet is here!".

I think he must be. England imposed limits on what the Norwegian merchant fleet was allowed to do, such as forcing them to sail through the channel even when the trip around Scotland would be quicker and safer. They did not blockade us, however, and relied on (among others) Norwegian merchant ships for supplies.
Very likely. I stand corrected.
 
Last edited:
Well so far, the international news is that Israel attacked an unarmed protest in international waters, continued killing after a white flag had been raised, and generally massacred people who were trying to surrender.

Have a nice day with the political outcome of this.

This seems at least, like a lack of concern about your otherwise supportive allies. This is frankly... a reckless action from both a human and diplomatic perspective. There is a lot that could have been done short of all the killing. Certainly Somali pirates seem able to halt much larger ships without so much bloodshed, and I'd think that commandos like Israel has should have at least as much ability as poorly trained pirates.
 
This seems at least, like a lack of concern about your otherwise supportive allies. This is frankly... a reckless action from both a human and diplomatic perspective. There is a lot that could have been done short of all the killing. Certainly Somali pirates seem able to halt much larger ships without so much bloodshed, and I'd think that commandos like Israel has should have at least as much ability as poorly trained pirates.
The difference being, of course, that the crews of merchant ships typically do not fight back once Somali pirates are on board.
 
Not to assign any moral culpability, but a night-time surprise boarding is a high-risk operation and a very unusual response to a maritime situation, so I think it's reasonable to request Israel to explain and defend their choice action.

When you have good reason to suspect the people you need to board might be uncooperative, it makes sense - why help them see you to attack you?:confused:
 
Well, I looked at some raw footage and it did look like at least one protestor started whacking an Israeli soldier with a stick as soon as he landed. Maybe there's more somewhere else.

In any case:
"The boats were carrying items that Israel bars from reaching Gaza, like cement and other building materials."
delicious sauce: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37423584/ns/world_news-mideastn_africa/page/2/

Q: Why?

I dunno - possible use for building/reinforcing strongpoints maybe?
 
Eye-witness reports conflict with the IDF and it's various mouthpieces. And I'll put a lot more weight on respected journalist Paul McGeough's account of events than the IDF:

http://www.theage.com.au/world/as-m...s-israeli-army-20100531-wq8y.html?autostart=1
And where was this journalist situated when the first unit landed on top deck? Please, I would be astonished where his viewpoint was from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYjkLUcbJWo

If he was on the main deck, I don't see anybody really there no partaking in the clubbing, stabbing, shooting and throwing IDF soldiers without provocation overboard and off the second deck.

The first team that landed were armed with light anti-riot gear such as paintball guns.

So I trust the footage from 3 different angles here provided by the IDF rather than some journalist cowering on the lower levels of the ship. Thanks.
 
I dunno - possible use for building/reinforcing strongpoints maybe?

Building bunkers, as well as hidden, partially below ground posts from which missiles could be launched without being seen.

Though I believe that some cement is allowed to go through for specific building projects which are not under the control of Hamas.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom