• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Spot The Media's April Fool Jokes Here

thanx, rdaneel/H3LL.... The animal translation is more absurd but probably has more people falling for it. Somehow, changing their name to Topeka doesn't work - I think it's the fact that it would be all over the other news media.
 

Now that's a good one. Enough truth (I believe ferrets have been used to carry cabling through long, otherwise inaccessible ducting) to make you think twice. I know you can also get harnesses so you can take them for a walk, so fitting some 'sensor' to one (or even giving one a special jacket as in the photo)...well...
 
Now that's a good one. Enough truth (I believe ferrets have been used to carry cabling through long, otherwise inaccessible ducting) to make you think twice. I know you can also get harnesses so you can take them for a walk, so fitting some 'sensor' to one (or even giving one a special jacket as in the photo)...well...

Hold on, you are saying they really sometimes are deployed to do this in real life? This story made me think tice as well, but it was the photo, especially the cute health-and-safety jacket the ferret on the photo was wearing, that convinced me it was a joke.
 
Hold on, you are saying they really sometimes are deployed to do this in real life? This story made me think tice as well, but it was the photo, especially the cute health-and-safety jacket the ferret on the photo was wearing, that convinced me it was a joke.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/582123.stm

But as you say, the hi-vis jacket would seem to give it away...still can't be too sure...
 
Google, sorry, Topeka anything, the "amount of time" taken for results will show in Parsecs, Shakes of a lamb's tail, velocities of an unladen swallow...

I've had: Nanocenturies, centons, gigawatts, epochs, hertz, centibeats, jiffies, at warp, skidoo, femtogalactic years, microweeks, microfortnights, planck times, as well as the parsecs, Shakes of a lamb's tail, velocities of an unladen swallow.

Thank you for that waste of 5 minutes. So funny.



I wonder if I missed any ........

;)
 
There is a 'scratch and taste' bit in The Sun today where apparently you scratch a panel in the paper and it tastes of nuts. Who's nuts isn't specified
 
Google street view has a little man icon with 3D specs. Clicking the icon makes the image look like a 3D image . (Without specs)
 
Wow, a Flatland reference. That takes me back.
 
XKCD is extra awesome today.

Wow, 10/10 Points. :D

guest@xkcd:/$ emacs
You should really use vim.
guest@xkcd:/$ vim
You should really use emacs.
guest@xkcd:/$ help
That would be cheating!
guest@xkcd:/$ hello joshua
How about a nice game of Global Thermonuclear War?
guest@xkcd:/$

Yes, i cheated... link to source is at the bottom of the page :o
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom