If there are any of you who were present in NYC in lower Manhattan especially, on 9/11, please say what you saw and what you heard?
I have posed that question on boards before and gotten very interesting results. The most interesting of which, to me, was the following one:
Yesterday, 11:56 PM
Post #157
Intern
Group: Members
Posts: 88
Joined: 3-February 05
Member No.: 15,080
Ear witness,,, ok this is where I can testify...
I was just off of the corner of rector street and trinity walking east towards broadway and i heard ( didnt see) the impact but what i heard was a sound to describe as a quick " zhoop - crack - boom " all of which where about one second long each and a slight pause in between all of maybe the same length. Dont know what it means its just the way i remeber it.
I am no expert on what it is suppose to sound like however i have been to enough airshows to know that a jet approaching you very fast you will not hear until it is upon you or past you.
In my opinion I thought that a jetliner of those size engines would have been louder and in my mind the sound i heard was from a fighter jet or smaller than commercial size engine. But then again I have never heard a jet going allegedly that fast from any distance so i cannot debate the differences.
The first impact wasnt actually that forceful to me on the outside as much as the second one. The second one I was outside nyse on wall and it was so powerful that it rattled my head blurry for a second or 2.
Just for information..
Posters, needless to say, what the poster described above was not consistent with a jetliner, either. The reason is that this person was right in front of the South Tower, on "just off of the corner of rector street and trinity walking east towards broadway." The poster said:
I was just off of the corner of rector street and trinity walking east towards broadway and i heard ( didnt see) the impact but what i heard was a sound to describe as a quick " zhoop - crack - boom " all of which where about one second long each and a slight pause in between all of maybe the same length.