DecayingAngel
Student
- Joined
- Jul 20, 2007
- Messages
- 34
I Feel The Same
You have excellently summed up the wonderful advancements paleontology has made, especially when it comes to dinosaurs. Some of this is due, I think, to China now being more open and allowing scientists from other countries more opportunities to explore regions so very rich in fossils.
Funny thing--I forgot exactly who it was back in the 1800s who proposed that dinosaurs seemed to have more in common with birds than reptiles or lizards. But he was basically laughed out of the profession. How things have changed!
Have to wonder what the future holds regarding these marvelous animals, and how much more knowledge about them awaits us.
Sharon (who never "outgrew" her fascination with dinosaurs and other prehistoric beasts)
I'm sold.
I look back on the leaps and bounds our collective knowledge of dinosaurs has grown over the last 25 years and am amazed. From thinking of them being lumbering, dim-witted long-dead beasts to nimble, feathered, their-descendants-walk/fly-among-us animals in one lifetime is enormous. Kind of like my grandparents who went from horse-drawn wagons to the Apollo missions in their lifetimes.
Michael
You have excellently summed up the wonderful advancements paleontology has made, especially when it comes to dinosaurs. Some of this is due, I think, to China now being more open and allowing scientists from other countries more opportunities to explore regions so very rich in fossils.
Funny thing--I forgot exactly who it was back in the 1800s who proposed that dinosaurs seemed to have more in common with birds than reptiles or lizards. But he was basically laughed out of the profession. How things have changed!
Have to wonder what the future holds regarding these marvelous animals, and how much more knowledge about them awaits us.
Sharon (who never "outgrew" her fascination with dinosaurs and other prehistoric beasts)
