• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Obama and the Gay Military...

Yes, as a gay man, I feel the uncontrolable urge to wretch every time I see a naked woman. In fact, that time that I was chilling with some straight friends and they decided to watch some porn, I felt like Alex in A Clockwork Orange.

This reminds me of the Ron White comedy routine. He's talking about this friend of his that goes on about hating homosexuals, etc. He says, "I guarantee, you also have your homosexual aspects." Despite denials, he says, "So when you watch porn, do you prefer that the guy has a small, flacid penis?" "Oh no, he says, I like guys with big, hard co...whoops"
 
And how do you know that race based repulsion is not innate just like sexual repulsion? Present your evidence.

How about the fact that you contradict yourself. Are you now suggesting that people are born racist? I do not think you will find any sociologist will would agree with that.

On the other hand, we all agree that people are born with the sexual tastes that they grow into. Attraction and repulsion.

That is, since it is except for you and a few others who only disagree with me because you think it is envogue.
 
On the other hand, we all agree that people are born with the sexual tastes that they grow into. Attraction and repulsion.

That is, since it is except for you and a few others who only disagree with me because you think it is envogue.

wrong Wrong WRONG

As I pointed out before we do not all agree on that. and even so it is a completely irrelevent point.

I would hazard a guess that many (maybe even most) heterosexual males would be repulsed by the thought of giving oral sex to another man. (I find the thought of doing the equivalent to women to be ,well ,yucky) There is a very simple solution to this. don't participate in the act.

If you extend the repulsion to specific acts to people who do those acts, than that is bigotry, whether you care to admit it or not.
 
Bigotry is genetic? I must say Bill, you keep surpassing my expectations. Every time you post in this thread, I think 'That is the most ignorant statement I have ever seen. I will not see its like again' Yet your next post, you go out of your way to prove me wrong


Yes, as a gay man, I feel the uncontrolable urge to wretch every time I see a naked woman. In fact, that time that I was chilling with some straight friends and they decided to watch some porn, I felt like Alex in A Clockwork Orange.


As a a gay man, I am uncomfortable around heterosexual public displays of affection. It does not repulse me, but it does make me uncomfortable. But guess what, it happens and I cope, then move on and try to forget about it. All I ask is the same respect from heterosexuals who are unformtable around my PDA's with my boyfriend.


Maybe that's because a straight guy going to a lesbian club is often trying to fulfil his sexual fantasy that is completely incompatable with the purpose of the lesbian club in the first place. Straight women come into gay clubs all the time and nobody cares, since they typically come there because they just want a place to dance without every guy in the place hitting on them and we are more than happy to oblige by completely failing to hit on them.

I'm going to be honest here...

I'm repulsed by most PDAs (other than in a club, where it's perhaps a bit more expected) regardless of the genders of the individuals involved. Of course, I do the same thing you do - bleach my mind and move on :D

And ftr, some of us straight guys like going to gay bars b/c we can actually get free drinks - something that doesn't happen in straight bars... ;)
 
What does it matter to you?

Jake Sully was not a Na'vi. It was not his fight. It is an alien world to him. Why would he feel the need to take up arms against the earthlings.

Wait, we are talking about gays openly serving in the military.

OK, so why does it matter to you? People arguing for gays openly serving in the military I think cannot imagine what the military is really like. Many here cannot legally serve in the military because they are in a different country.

I suspect your motivations are more perverse than your supposed orientations. I am willing to entertain that either (1) you fantasize that this might serve as a downfall to American culture or (2) you are like a wolf in sheep clothing and are excited by the idea of the poor homosexuals feeling a superficial sense of safety in exposing themselves in the harshest of harsh environments for them.

On the other hand, considering that you are being honest with yourself and others:

You have a civilain orientated idea of "right and wrong". What is "right" for the military is what will make them work better. Being politically correct is of no interest to the military. Doing the right thing in an accounting firm or a law firm or a factory is not the same thing as doing the right thing in the military.

The military has access to virtually unlimited funds to conduct studies. If having gays openly express themselves would better serve the military's goals, it would have been this way for a long time now.

So you can see how someone would confuse the Na'vi. Fantasies are fantasies.
 
Have done. My country's military allows homosexuals to serve openly. Let's talk about fixing yours.

You must be joking.

You have bigger fires to fight outside your front door.

So what you are saying is that your country has no social woes for you to spend time on.

You are also saying that you are a better social scientist that what the US military can afford.

Tell me, how can anyone take you seriously?
 
Last edited:
What does it matter to you?

Jake Sully was not a Na'vi. It was not his fight. It is an alien world to him. Why would he feel the need to take up arms against the earthlings.

Wait, we are talking about gays openly serving in the military.

OK, so why does it matter to you? People arguing for gays openly serving in the military I think cannot imagine what the military is really like. Many here cannot legally serve in the military because they are in a different country.

I suspect your motivations are more perverse than your supposed orientations. I am willing to entertain that either (1) you fantasize that this might serve as a downfall to American culture or (2) you are like a wolf in sheep clothing and are excited by the idea of the poor homosexuals feeling a superficial sense of safety in exposing themselves in the harshest of harsh environments for them.

On the other hand, considering that you are being honest with yourself and others:

You have a civilain orientated idea of "right and wrong". What is "right" for the military is what will make them work better. Being politically correct is of no interest to the military. Doing the right thing in an accounting firm or a law firm or a factory is not the same thing as doing the right thing in the military.

The military has access to virtually unlimited funds to conduct studies. If having gays openly express themselves would better serve the military's goals, it would have been this way for a long time now.

So you can see how someone would confuse the Na'vi. Fantasies are fantasies.

Babelfish has failed me, can anyone tell me what language this was posted in?

Seriously, did you just start using our military and Avatar to draw comparisons that don't make any sense then claim someone else was in a fantasy world?
 
People arguing for gays openly serving in the military I think cannot imagine what the military is really like.

And you think that because you've been working very hard at ignoring every post in this thread from current and former military personnel whose opinion disagrees with yours.

You spent a whopping three years in the Navy during a time of peace. You do not have a monopoly on insight into how the military functions.

In short, Bill, if you want to talk about people "being honest with themselves," you should start on that yourself.
 
You have failed the $1,000,000 Not Being Ridiculous challenge.

Let's look at my questions one at a time to make it easier for you.

Are you suggesting that the rules are equal between people of different sexualities in the U.S. military?
 

Um, no. It looks like the DoD is finally tired of talking heads and inflated suits telling them how to run America's Army, and are pulling an end run around the president.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/03/us/politics/03military.html

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Defense Secretary are names to conjure with in Washington.

Seriously, it looks like Obama is being dragged into this kicking and screaming, which is embarrassing, to say the least. He's doing a horrid job on this subject.
 
I see no reason to keep the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy. Its now 2010. Its time for us grow up.

The Israeli military allows gays. NATO forces allows gays. Its time for us to mature.
 
You have a civilain orientated idea of "right and wrong". What is "right" for the military is what will make them work better. Being politically correct is of no interest to the military. Doing the right thing in an accounting firm or a law firm or a factory is not the same thing as doing the right thing in the military.
Bolding mine

Fair enough. Now please explain, because you have so far failed to do so, how DADT makes the military work better. In fact there are examples of how it does exactly the opposite.

I remember during the ramp up of intelligence after 9-11, people blaming the intelligence failures on, among other things, not having enough qualified Arabic translators. At the same time there were three high profile cases of soldiers dismissed from military intelligence posts because of being openly gay. Other than orientation, the three had another thing in common. They were fluent in Arabic and had worked as translators before being removed under DADT.

So, Bill. Please do explain how DADT is the 'right' thing because it makes the military work better.
 
Hearings have started, and it looks like the process to repeal DADT has begun. High time.

On CNN.com today, I noticed this little tidbit:

Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Adm. Mike Mullen also endorsed a repeal Tuesday, telling the committee it is his "personal belief" that "allowing gays and lesbians to serve openly [in the military] would be the right thing to do."


"For me, personally, it comes down to integrity," he said.

I imagine right now Bill is furiously writing a letter to the Admiral informing him that he obviously has no idea what the military is really like.
 
Hearings have started, and it looks like the process to repeal DADT has begun. High time.

On CNN.com today, I noticed this little tidbit:



I imagine right now Bill is furiously writing a letter to the Admiral informing him that he obviously has no idea what the military is really like.

Well in all fairness, he is an Admiral and not a General. We all know what kind of people 'Join the Navy'.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom