• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

UFOs: The Research, the Evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puddle Duck said:
…and in the dark, only a thin crescent moon. He is saying that the bogey is chasing him and he is giving ranges every 5 miles from 15. ...There is no depth perception out that far, he can’t radar paint it and he has absolutely no idea how far away it is.
Rramjet said:
You mean the F-4 is radar “blind” in all directions except directly in front? I find that hard to believe.



This is all “argument from ignorance”. Unfounded supposition.

I can't quite decide if this is funny or just rather sad. When someone actually presents a critique from a position of personal experience, that is not argument from ignorance. By contrast, failing to grasp that the radar mounted in the nose of an F4 cannot see directly backwards is... well, I struggle to find a more appropriate word than stupid.
 
you complete tard, Babol Sar is the name of a city which has several iranian air bases

what you didn't know that, But I thought you knew what you were talking about!
:rolleyes:


because he has something you're lacking
credibility
:D

IF you had taken the time to do a little research, you would KNOW that the list I gave was an EXHAUSTIVE list of ALL F-4 bases in Iran in the mid-70s. So NO Babolsar or Babol sar.

More... (and to again point to the fact that Puddle Duck does NOT know what he is talking about - and now neither do you) "Babolsar" is the coastal town (Puddle Duck implied it was an airbase you stated it was a "city"), "Babol sar" is the airport to the south of town.

More: "Babol sar" is not a major airport, nor is it an airbase and there is ONLY it alone in the area (..."several iranian air bases..."! LOL).

So perhaps a little fact checking before you post again?
 
No, the one that I've taken the time to explain to you about three times now.

WE have no burden of proof because WE are NOT making a claim. We are simply stating that since you have NOT eliminating alternative explanations, the fact that you are positing an unknown to explain this phenomenon is unwarranted.

Somehow I doubt you'll even read that.

Well, so far no indication that Ramjet read it at all...
 
blind radar

snip

You mean the F-4 is radar “blind” in all directions except directly in front? I find that hard to believe.

snip.
Comedy gold!

And this from a "scientist" who can rule out any human craft!
Yet he has no knowledge about jetfighters, radar, flight performance, doesn't know the expression "military power" of an airplane equipped with afterburners and so on.
But he seems to believe every nonsense any tabloid has ever printed about ufos.
This made my day!
 
The question has never been answered why if such an advanced alien society has the resources and know how to get here from perhaps a hundred light years away or more, would just buzz around observing us and then flying back to where ever they come from without making contact, I mean real contact with say, The United Nations or similar.
The speed of light is the limit. Nothing can travel faster than this without becoming infinite.
So they spend a hundred years to get here, then fly straight back after probing a few anuses or have full sex with homo sapiens. Science fiction is all it is. I'm willing to add my home to the Randi million dollar challenge to anyone who can prove that this is what is happening. :p
 
How do you know he has missed that?
Puddle Duck missed relevant documentation because he speculates on things that are provided in that documentation. He would not have had to speculate if he had read the documentation.

And it's probably possible to get hold of a menu for the best restaurant in Teheran. Exactly what has radar analysis to do with tapes of plane/tower communication? You just jumble the issue with unrelated comments. I think it's on purpose by now.
Puddle Duck stated:
“I would also love to see the scope film of the 2nd bird if it ever existed, to see what was going on with the radar.”

I replied with a link of the radar analysis. I was providing him the information he was interested in. Yet you claim my response was a “jumble” of the issue and “unrelated”…? You can do better than that Jocce.

There is no reason to belive that SOP's differ because they emanate more from plane prestanda than personal preference. Also, if you understood what density altitude of 8000 feet means at takeoff you would also understand how this makes it even more unlikely. But then again, you're not a pilot.

Btw, you're trying to use a narrative as evidence again. It's a gdmn story, not evidence.
No, they are a combination of plane capability and airport functionality (including safety and environmental factors). Each airport around the world has a different set of “standards”.

“When I talked to Henry in late 1982 he still remembered the night, 6 years before, when he was rudely awakened by the loud roar of jets taking off at full speed. At that time he lived close to the Shahroki Air Field in Hamadan, Iran. Jets taking off at full speed at night and “with afterburner” were a rarity, he said. Henry was an employee of the Westinghouse Corp. and he was in Iran to help maintain the avionics, including radar, in the F-4 Phantom jets that the Iranians had bought several years earlier. Although he did not know the reason for the high speed takeoffs at the time they occurred, he found out the next day:”​
(http://www.brumac.8k.com/IranJetCase/)

Puddle Duck explained why he has, on a few occassions made a military power takeoff. It's not at all contradictory. You question his expertise while in the same sentence saying you don't know what military power is? It's laughable.
Puddle Duck stated that:
“F-4s always use full burner and take off at “full speed”, whatever that means.. I only used a military power take off a couple of times and those were on FCFs (functional test flights) looking for something specific.”

Yet we have the man on the scene stating that such a thing was a rare occurrence. I tend to believe the man on the scene rather than the speculations, over 30 years later, of someone who knows nothing of the SOP at that time at that airbase.

Hmm, ok. Given that you don't know so much about beepers (either). How do you come to the conclusion that it probably has something to do with the UFO? Unfounded speculation at work son.
Given that the “beeper” signal was heard on three separate occasions and no aircraft identified from which such a signal could have come from and given that the UFO was the only other thing in the air at the time, it is a reasonable inference that the “signals” were related to the UFO activity. Not unfounded speculation, a reasonable inference.

And this is in your expert opinion?
No “expert” opinion needed. It is merely reasonable to assume, given the conversations that were reported between the pilots and their base that they did relay information they were getting from the UFO back to base.

You have two options. Search and destroy or ID. What do you think is more reasonable?
Actually Puddle Duck qualified “ID” with a low cruising speed (for an F-4). I merely contended that actually they would NOT have wanted to mess around finding out WHAT the object was…they would have wanted to get out there quickly (hence the Mach speeds reported). Puddle Duck’s option was a leisurely cruise (for an F-4), while the reported facts indicated that the F-4s were actually travelling at high speed. That was my point.

Puddle Duck speculated:
”… he probably climbed to about 20k ft MSL till he got to within 50-40 miles of the bogey, then descended.”

Pure speculation again…
As a contrast to your own speculations, this is an educated opinion from an experienced pilot. It holds far more weight than your ramblings.
Puddle Duck was speculating, I was quoting the facts in the case. For example:

“The Air Force message continues, “The crew descended from their altitude of 26,000 ft to 15,000 ft and continued to observe and mark the object’s position.”​
(http://www.brumac.8k.com/IranJetCase/)

Interesting that wikipedia suddenly is a trustworthy source. You seem to dislike it quite a bit when it goes against your belief system.
Convenience only. I was able to verify the specs from other sources BEFORE I posted that site. For example here: (http://www.airclassicsmuseum.org/Collection/F-4 - Phantom.htm) and here (http://www.marchfield.org/f4c.htm) and so on… so no contention there when it comes to knowledge widely available.

ROFLMAO. SOP of UFO's. You're really funny.
Yes, SOP of UFOs. Funny how you know so little of the literature on UFO cases. Perhaps that’s why you keep “arguing from ignorance” on the subject?

What is really funny is that you don't even realize what he's talking about. Your ignorance is only overshadowed by your huge ego. An expert opinion will always be worth more that uneducated guesses.
I simply made a refutation of Puddle Ducks substantive points. Those refutations will stand or fall on the evidence.

So far the only thing that people have come up with against those refutations is the radar specs …but you will not that I posed a question there. Not a statement.

“ You mean the F-4 is radar “blind” in all directions except directly in front? I find that hard to believe.”

Admittedly I perhaps should have left it at the question and not included the “I find it hard to believe” bit... but Puddle Duck was dishing out so much unfounded assertion that he was (IMO) destroying his own “expertise” on F-4s - and I then found myself questioning anything he might have to say. And if that is the ONLY thing people can come up with against my refutation, then I'll take it.

I repeat. An expert opinion is only valuable in the applicable field. When person tries to use their “expert” status in one field to speculate about other fields, his opinions are then no better or worse than any lay person so speculating on the same topic.
 
Last edited:
No, they are a combination of plane capability and airport functionality (including safety and environmental factors). Each airport around the world has a different set of “standards”.

“When I talked to Henry in late 1982 he still remembered the night, 6 years before, when he was rudely awakened by the loud roar of jets taking off at full speed. At that time he lived close to the Shahroki Air Field in Hamadan, Iran. Jets taking off at full speed at night and “with afterburner” were a rarity, he said. Henry was an employee of the Westinghouse Corp. and he was in Iran to help maintain the avionics, including radar, in the F-4 Phantom jets that the Iranians had bought several years earlier. Although he did not know the reason for the high speed takeoffs at the time they occurred, he found out the next day:”​
(http://www.brumac.8k.com/IranJetCase/)

I can do this too:

Whilst exploring in Brazil, Dickpa had struck the trail of some ancient treasure, but his villainous porters found out and turned against him. Escaping to England, they have followed him and have him trapped in his own house. Biggles escapes from the house with a plan. Returning with a rented aircraft, Dickpa and Algy are rescued from the house and together with Biggles' old Flight Sergeant, Smyth, they all travel to South America on a treasure hunt. They have bought a plane and shipped it out with them.

Arriving at Manaos, a settlement on the Amazon River, they find trouble. Dickpa is arrested and thrown into jail by a corrupt official. Biggles gets him out, with the help of Algy and Smyth and they make a getaway in their amphibian aircraft, which they have named the 'Condor'. Suffering a magneto failure, Biggles is forced to land on the river. Here, they are caught up by the current and swept towards the falls. Smyth manages to fix the problem in time for Biggles to fly off the falls just as they go over. Landing, Biggles goes off to explore. When he returns, Indians have captured the rest of the crew of the 'Condor'. Trailing after them to their camp, Biggles uses flares to scare the Indians away and save his comrades.
Source: http://www.biggles.info/Details/02/
 
IF you had taken the time to do a little research, you would KNOW that the list I gave was an EXHAUSTIVE list of ALL F-4 bases in Iran in the mid-70s. So NO Babolsar or Babol sar.

More... (and to again point to the fact that Puddle Duck does NOT know what he is talking about - and now neither do you) "Babolsar" is the coastal town (Puddle Duck implied it was an airbase you stated it was a "city"), "Babol sar" is the airport to the south of town.

More: "Babol sar" is not a major airport, nor is it an airbase and there is ONLY it alone in the area (..."several iranian air bases..."! LOL).

So perhaps a little fact checking before you post again?

ok so you didn't research this from anywhere but published information then ?
like you didn't do a visual search on google earth
and you didn't find the unnamed and now disused airbase 2 miles east of babolsar.
thats what I figured
funny isn't it, I didn't know about it before I researched it, you didn't know about it even after you claimed you'd researched it (speaks for the quality of your ability doesnt it), but puddle duck did. I think its fairly obvious in which theatre he was based during his military service don't you. How does that not make him an expert on this encounter ?
what I'm saying Rramjet, is that the list of bases you linked to that had f4s is no way complete, for instance theres no mention of Doshan Tapeh Air Base which was Airforce headquarters at the time.

Hey maybe this isn't an Iranian air base, maybe its a secret Alien one, lol
:D
 
Last edited:
Puddle Duck stated that:
“F-4s always use full burner and take off at “full speed”, whatever that means.. I only used a military power take off a couple of times and those were on FCFs (functional test flights) looking for something specific.”

Yet we have the man on the scene stating that such a thing was a rare occurrence. I tend to believe the man on the scene rather than the speculations, over 30 years later, of someone who knows nothing of the SOP at that time at that airbase.

No, we have a story that claims that someone supposedly on the scene was saying this.

Given that the “beeper” signal was heard on three separate occasions and no aircraft identified from which such a signal could have come from and given that the UFO was the only other thing in the air at the time, it is a reasonable inference that the “signals” were related to the UFO activity. Not unfounded speculation, a reasonable inference.

Ok, so you're guessing again. I see.

No “expert” opinion needed. It is merely reasonable to assume, given the conversations that were reported between the pilots and their base that they did relay information they were getting from the UFO back to base.

Ok, so you're guessing again. I see.

Actually Puddle Duck qualified “ID” with a low cruising speed (for an F-4). I merely contended that actually they would NOT have wanted to mess around finding out WHAT the object was…they would have wanted to get out there quickly (hence the Mach speeds reported). Puddle Duck’s option was a leisurely cruise (for an F-4), while the reported facts indicated that the F-4s were actually travelling at high speed.

Since the speeds mentioned otherwise in the report are clearly unattainable I don't find that your ignorance on this matter is very enlightening.

Puddle Duck was speculating, I was quoting the facts in the case.

You obviously mean like you did twice already (above). Uneducated guesses. I get it.

Yes, SOP of UFOs. Funny how you know so little of the literature on UFO cases. Perhaps that’s why you keep “arguing from ignorance” on the subject?

Litterature of UFO cases? There are no UFO cases that couldn't have a mundane explanation. Report back when u find one.

I simply made a refutation of Puddle Ducks substantive points. Those refutations will stand or fall on the evidence.

Your arguments continously fall flat on their noses.

So far the only thing that people have come up with against those refutations is the radar specs …but you will not that I posed a question there. Not a statement.

“ You mean the F-4 is radar “blind” in all directions except directly in front? I find that hard to believe.”

You know so little and yet you are so sure you're correct. Fascinating insight into a deluded mind.

Admittedly I perhaps should have left it at the question and not included the “I find it hard to believe” bit... but Puddle Duck was dishing out so much unfounded assertion that he was (IMO) destroying his own “expertise” on F-4s - and I then found myself questioning anything he might have to say. And if that is the ONLY thing people can come up with against my refutation, then I'll take it.

Puddle Duck was giving the forum his very firmly founded opinions on the matter and pointed out a number of inconsistencies that you deliberately choose not to adress or hand wave away. Rramjet SOP.

I repeat. An expert opinion is only valuable in the applicable field. When person tries to use their “expert” status in one field to speculate about other fields, his opinions are then no better or worse than any lay person so speculating on the same topic.

So a fighter pilot is not qualified to give his opinion in this case. Then who are? You? If I had a number of laffing dogs available you'd get them.
 
Last edited:
Puddle Duck missed relevant documentation because he speculates on things that are provided in that documentation. He would not have had to speculate if he had read the documentation.

Coffee came out of my nose! The nerve of that Puddle Duck speculating! The absolute chutzpah of trying to actually analyze the incident from the point of view of someone familiar with one of the only "knowns" in the entire story! How blind he must be not to see that any of his experience and expertise is totally irrelevant when only a trained and published scientist can understand the (national enquirer) story and spec....discern that only an alien explanation will suffice.
 
I almost forgot. I still haven't seen any proof that:

1. Aliens have the technology necessary to perform as reported. Can they even fly supersonic speeds?

2. They are within flying distance of Teheran. How much gas can their tanks hold?
 
The question has never been answered why if such an advanced alien society has the resources and know how to get here from perhaps a hundred light years away or more, would just buzz around observing us and then flying back to where ever they come from without making contact, I mean real contact with say, The United Nations or similar.
The speed of light is the limit. Nothing can travel faster than this without becoming infinite.
So they spend a hundred years to get here, then fly straight back after probing a few anuses or have full sex with homo sapiens. Science fiction is all it is. I'm willing to add my home to the Randi million dollar challenge to anyone who can prove that this is what is happening. :p

they are representatives of the Intergalactic publishing company, theyre out here seeding a market for their products (ufo books with no answers) which are produced under license using earth bound human publishing companies who don't know who their clients are

quite simply
aliens.jpg


now wheres my million dollars
:D
 
Last edited:
Puddle Duck missed relevant documentation because he speculates on things that are provided in that documentation. He would not have had to speculate if he had read the documentation.

Puddle Duck stated:
“I would also love to see the scope film of the 2nd bird if it ever existed, to see what was going on with the radar.”

I replied with a link of the radar analysis. I was providing him the information he was interested in.


I wonder if you actually read that information yourself. Despite describing it as "radar analysis", which sounds like it ought to be the info Puddle Duck was interested in, it's actually an analysis of the reports which you have already wall-of-texted for us. Did you, for example, read its comment on the radar ranging point?

"at one point the pilot is quoted as saying: "Something is coming at me from behind. It is 15 miles away...now 10 miles away...now five miles.....It is level now, I think it is going to crash into me. It has just passed by, missing me narrowly....." This sounds like radar ranging information, but plainly not from the nose-mounted AI radar, and the rearward-facing passive RWR sensors on the F-4Es which made up the bulk of the IIAF Phantom fleet at this time cannot indicate range."

Hilighted for irony. Any thoughts on how you missed that, or how much else you may have missed?
 
Last edited:
It must be nice to live in the clean, well-lit prison of one idea (dismissing anything that indicates a more mundane explanation with a wave of the hand) or to think you are always right about everything.
Keep worshiping at the altar of Maccabee, et. al. It hasn't done anything for UFOlogy in sixty years and it won't do anything for UFOlogy in another sixty or six hundred years. Your argument here is just to make youself feel important. The only person you have convinced is yourself. I guess this what happens to washed-up/failed scientists, who can't accomplish worthy of mentioning.
 
Last edited:
Fixed that for you :D

[qimg]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/ThePsychoClown/Stealth-Blimp-Book.jpg[/qimg]

[qimg]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/ThePsychoClown/Blimp-Book.jpg[/qimg]

ha awesome, thanks
:D:D
 
they are representatives of the Intergalactic publishing company, theyre out here seeding a market for their products (ufo books with no answers) which are produced under license using earth bound human publishing companies who don't know who their clients are

quite simply
[qimg]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn118/hazzakan/aliens.jpg[/qimg]

now wheres my million dollars
:D

Ah, I believe you have mistaken these poor fellows for The Guide's Marketing Team.Though I do see the resemblance.:)
 
*wades through about three weeks of posts*
Ok, to summarise:
1) There is no convincing evidence, but the sheer amount of unconvincing evidence is convincing
2) If two timepieces display the same incorrect time, the only plausible explanation is that an alien influence has manipulated time itself
3) A police officer crashing his car can only be caused by aliens
4) Aliens are travelling across the void of space to hold gay rodeos.

Have I missed anything? Maybe Rramjet presenting the evidence he claimed he would 73 pages ago?
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom