Aepervius
Non credunt, semper verificare
Rramjet is making the mistake of throwing lots of little bits of poo against the wall and hoping to create a Picasso.
Also known as JAQing off , if you extend the definition from CT to many other Woo.
Rramjet is making the mistake of throwing lots of little bits of poo against the wall and hoping to create a Picasso.
Just to ensure my position is clear:
My understanding from the discussion here is that pretty much nothing less than a chunk of extraterrestrial toilet seat will satisfy skeptics that UFO's exist.
Fair enough. I respect your position. What I have some difficulty with is, if that is truly the position, why would skeptics care if I claim the light I saw in the sky chasing that Iranian F-4 was a UFO?
It seems as though we're at different ends of the evidence spectrum, with me believing that shreds of information, put together, create an entire picture, much like aircraft debris is collected after a crash, and rebuilt in a hangar, constructing the aircraft.
Only when all the pieces are assembled can small tidbits of information take on added importance, not initially apparent upon collection.
My understanding from the discussion here is that pretty much nothing less than a chunk of extraterrestrial toilet seat will satisfy skeptics that UFO's exist.
Fair enough. I respect your position. What I have some difficulty with is, if that is truly the position, why would skeptics care if I claim the light I saw in the sky chasing that Iranian F-4 was a UFO?
One can't start considering everything to be probable based on insufficient evidence. In order to get anywhere you need SOLID evidence, which is all we're asking, here.
Phew... that's a relief then... my only source for information that I can only just understand is wikipediaStray Cat I don't expect nor desire to get into a discussion of theoretical particle physics,
Which brings us back to what Rramjet was saying earlier about using scientific methods in UFOlogy. Physicists use strict scientific process to further their knowledge, the system works. UFOlogists don't, they are still making exactly the same mistakes they made over 50 years ago and still thrashing around in the dark.only to make the point that tachyons are thought to exist, but their actual existence has not yet been proven. That has certainly not prevented physicists from searching for them, and that is where I think the comparison can be drawn.
Indeed, which is why I spend a great deal of time myself looking for verifiable evidence of alien craft... But concluding that they are here at this point in time is putting the cart before the horse.I cannot speak for Rramjet, but being ready to accept the existence of 'alien' craft, and by looking at case studies where events suggest the existence of alien craft are a natural extension of mankinds eagerness to explore the unknown.
The main difference is that Physics clearly admits it is a purely hypothetical particle. It doesn't design websites and sell sensationalist books and videos to people whilst trying to convince them it is already proven.As in the search for 'proof' of tachyons, my view is that one should not be vilified for searching for what is suspected, in hopes of proving it correct. That may take centuries, and indeed, as in the 'flat earth' concept, milennia, to finally disprove.
They should not be assisted in making the same mistakes all their peers have made and continue to make. They should be encouraged to take a more scientific and critical approach to research. Which is hopefully what is being pointed out in this thread (even if Rramjet does not see it, hopefully other reads will take notice of it)Perhaps the 'proof' the skeptics demand of the existence of an extraterrestrial civilization is an impossible task, but those people bold enough to lead the way through the fragments of information should be assisted, not condemned.
What lessons did we learn from Salem?Do we risk repeating the mistakes learned from the Salem witch hunt of 1692?
...snip...
More pieces of non-evidence do not provide more support than a less non-evidence. But if you have a way to integrate all the non-evidence available and make it become evidence, the world of science would love to hear your explanation.
See my post on tachyons to justify the search and subsequent lab work to integrate all the 'non-evidence' concerning tachyons and make it become evidence.
But no one is suggesting Rramjet is burned at the stake, only that he provides the evidence that he claims to have.![]()

The main difference is : at NO POINT before the evidence is provided, the tachyon become more than theoretical existing or non existing. Heck even today physicist are trying to falsify relativity, quanten physic, and other basic physic stuff. That is the main difference. *ALL* UFO=Alien people I see keep having as premise "Alien do exists and visits us" then they collect anecdote and tell : see here is the proof, where in reality all those are UNKNOWN, and are not evidence of anything, except that we cannot identify what happened for many many reason.
The quote above isn't true.From the inordinate, unusual, and gravity defying flight characteristics of UFO's
I have no knowledge of a massive single minded data base devoted to collecting all known information from UFO's and related events world wide and attempting to link the info into something cohesive. Perhaps a reader of this forum is working on that as we write.
The quote above isn't true.
I would like to ask you, do you think that the concept of stealth would be extra-ordinary before the first stealth bomber was revealed or an unknown mundane?
It already is an art though Snidely... think of it as an interactive play, where the witnesses, researchers and UFO followers all have their unique part to play. It is mostly a drama theater played in front of a large audience.Yes, Stray Cat all excellent points, and I largely AGREE. I have some areas of concern, especially concerning the application of the scientific method. Perhaps the examination of UFO's should be considered an art?
You're dodging the question. I just have to put it more bluntly.I fully allow the concept of 'stealth technology'. However, I deem it virtually impossible to have been at that stage of development in the mid-70's. Even if it was, putting a pilot over Iran in unproven, experimental technology would not be likely. Given Francis Powers experience in the U-2 only a decade or so before, one would think that mistake would not be repeated.
Rramjet said:I have also presented this case:
Brazilian UFO Night (19 May 1986)
(http://www.ufo.com.br/documentos/nig...Translated.pdf)
(http://www.ufocasebook.com/brazilianairforceadmits.html)
(http://www.allnewsweb.com/page9299893.php)
(http://www.cohenufo.org/BrazilianUFO...tsReleased.htm)
(http://www.ufodigest.com/news/0909/declassified.php)
The problem being that there is no firm data that would lend itself to a database project, other than just collecting the existence of the reports. Without some standard for the data acquisition there isn't a way to make a useful schema that would do any more than allow us to say "wow, we got a bunch of reports".
You're dodging the question. I just have to put it more bluntly.
For many years stealth technology was completely unknown to the public. If Rramjet lived in that time period he would have concluded that it was Alien. And I was asking if that would be the same thing for you.