Sunstealer
Illuminator
- Joined
- Oct 22, 2007
- Messages
- 3,128
Standards (or the multitude of them) are the lifeblood, but also the bane, of any engineers life. Mix imperial and metric in with that too. Oh happy days!
The great thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from!
I'm afraid that I'm bumping this thread on the basis that we know that several members of the Truth Movement here question wholesale the susceptibility of steel structures to fire-induced failure, and they've all been strangely silent. I can't believe that people so confident would let this go by without them defending their position.
[cough]
Since you're lonely, I'll take a shot at it. This collapse of a steel structure was obviously induced by fire: THERMITE FIRE.I'm afraid that I'm bumping this thread on the basis that we know that several members of the Truth Movement here question wholesale the susceptibility of steel structures to fire-induced failure, and they've all been strangely silent. I can't believe that people so confident would let this go by without them defending their position.
[cough]
Ignoring the Problem
The potential for fire damage to steel buildings is not clearly understood. Often, unwarranted confidence is placed on the fact that the steel is non-combustible. A major insurance carrier found it necessary to conduct demonstrations of actual fires for plant managers in which the only fuel was the hydraulic oil in the presses. (p. 275)
Since you're lonely, I'll take a shot at it. This collapse of a steel structure was obviously induced by fire: THERMITE FIRE.
Since you're lonely, I'll take a shot at it. This collapse of a steel structure was obviously induced by fire: THERMITE FIRE.
...
What happened to the progressive collapse?
If you would pay attention, this was not presented to SHOW that, and it takes only a room-temperature IQ to realize that this thread is about steel failing in hydrocarbon fires.
SO, I have to insist that you stick to the OP, please.
Can you counter the example in the OP?
So it's not a relevant example of what is claimed to have happened to any three of the global collapses that occurred on 9/11.
Thank you.
See how Gravy never really debunks anything? lol
He's well aware of it. This was big news last year. Everything we present destroys Heiwa's whole argument. I quickly put on ignore others who are this delusional, but I think that someone who claims to have engineering skills but flaunts his ignorance with every post deserves to be hammered.Have you shown Heiwa this?
Sort of destroys his whole argument.
He's well aware of it. This was big news last year. Everything we present destroys Heiwa's whole argument. I quickly put on ignore others who are this delusional, but I think that someone who claims to have engineering skills but flaunts his ignorance with every post deserves to be hammered.
So it's not a relevant example of what is claimed to have happened to any three of the global collapses that occurred on 9/11.
Thank you.
See how Gravy never really debunks anything? lol