You want me to refute your moral judgment of the cart's motion?
A quick tour of the dictionary will reveal your error, but if you like, both cases.
I would add that four-vectors may look silly if you don't.
Why not?
You want me to refute your moral judgment of the cart's motion?
A quick tour of the dictionary will reveal your error, but if you like, both cases.
I would add that four-vectors may look silly if you don't.
Why not?
Gosh, I'm intruiged as to what Spacediver's answer might have been. Mine will be forthcoming if you can phrase the question in a scientific manner, or just a manner that is a lot less meaningless, assuming I'm still around by then.
I put this to Spacediver.
-----
You are driving in your car, and you put your hand out of the window and feel the air. The speedometer says 50kph. You now arrange a fan or some other device to slow the wind passing over your window. If you now put your hand out and "feel" 10kph, do you ignore your speedometer and the car ahead as evidence to the contrary?
If you now shut out that information, do you believe the wind? Perhaps if you knew of the fan, no, but if it were to be done without you "knowing" it, would you then believe it, and of what use would that be?
OK, then I will be more specific, as you so often ask that I should be !No idea what you're blabbering about.
the reason i didn't answer this was because I have no clue what the question is. Please rephrase the question in a manner appropriate for a physics exam.
OK, spacediver I did not know that.
The question is clear enough, I think. It's not about physics, but what the observer can besaid to know. A lot of emphasis is put on what the observer senses, like putting a hands in the breeze and seeing the road this way and that, but I don't seem to be able to connect this to the hobo, who senses nothing except for the internal environment.
So I wonder how this information, or lack of can be any use.
Now, of course I am being ironic in the above, but believe me, I do not understand how you can see this as relevant. I do understand the principle of the hobo idea, it's not that hard, is it? So why?
How can you simply ignore the consequences of the bullet time matter?
It is a consequence, I think.
I doubt it. Observe. Think!I have claimed that the cart is just sitting on the belt, spinning its propeller.
This is ringing a bell for me. Don't tell me the author is one "Ivana B. Trolski"?A few weeks ago, I found in a book of Russian physics problems, a very similar example. If the first issue date is correct, this problem is at least 27 years old!
Note that is supports my contention that the cart is dependent upon friction, and that it is unstable! ("system Q!"). It also is uses "hovering".
WINDSPEED is not a defined word. If you insist on using words that have no standard definition, you must supply a definition.
www.answers.com/topic/wind-speed said:(′win ′spēd)
(meteorology) The rate of motion of air.
http://dictionary.babylon.com/Wind_speed. said:WEATHER&METEOROLOGY
The rate at which air is moving horizontally past a given point: It may be a 2-minute average speed (reported as wind speed) or an instantaneous speed (reported as a peak wind speed, or gust):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_speed said:Wind speed is the speed of wind, the movement of air or other gases in an atmosphere. It is a scalar quantity, the magnitude of the vector of motion.
Wind speed has always meant the movement of air in an outside environment, but the speed of air movement inside is important in many areas, including weather forecasting, aircraft and maritime operations, building and civil engineering. High wind speeds can cause unpleasant side effects, and strong winds often have special names, including gales, hurricanes, and typhoons. See the Beaufort scale.
I am, however, interested in your claim that a balloon tossed up in a moving and enclosed airplane will experience dissipation - something which nobody here except you believes. I'm assuming your fan and car question has something to do with this, but until you phrase it clearly I cannot answer.
I would like you to please explain how it seems that the cart is not going in the expected direction of along with the belt, but against the belt.
It seems to me that the the translation by the beltspeed vector should see the cart go along with the belt.
If the cart moves with the belt, then as it's velocity increases, it gains KE, and consumes power;
in fact exactly like the frame it is said to represent.
However, it would seem that all of these effects are a result of going against the belt. Turning it around does the trick, but now I have no tailwind to drive the cart. I suspect that this is due to the lack of any real wind.
The belt laminar flow seems to be there, but I wonder how? There is certainly no wind except of course for that generated when traveling with the belt, but this is a common experience when simply walking in room, so I can't see a new "frame" as being a necessary condition.
This contradiction cannot be right, because surely equivalence says that it must work equally well in both directions, certainly as far as relative velocities go.
The problem of the orange bothers me. When I move it either with the belt, or against the belt, it seems to gain KE w.r.t. the belt and ground by equal amounts. This too seems to be inconsistent with the operation of the current treadmill.
Well, like you I am not sure what you are asking, but a balloon traveling in the air as it is tossed up, will dissipate energy against friction. This cannot be avoided, as the motion of the molecules is considered to be random and indelibly so.
That's F'ING brilliant logic even for humber!!! Yo' humber, please show me how I cannot teletransport.
Do it now.
Do you agree with the following:
A plane is moving at a constant velocity. A person inside the plane tosses up a beachball towards the ceiling. The beachball will land directly where it started from, give or take a small margin due to random fluctuations of air molecules, but the beachball will not experience any air resistance in the direction opposite to the movement of the plane.
That's what the last 3,000 posts are about. It goes against the belt <snip>
BTW: I am doing it now. It's fun to levitate while typing.
You may argue, as you have, that the ground does not matter, but when the policeman with his doppler radar gives you a ticket, the clerk-magistrate is not going to care about your assertions of "equivalence"... [SNIP]
You flatter yourself when you think this had anything to do with you.
I any remotely realistic situation, the ballons position would be limited, but indeterminate.