articulett
Banned
- Joined
- Jan 18, 2005
- Messages
- 15,404
Yes Jmonticello, people don't take medications for a lot of reasons... usually it's because they don't feel ill. This is true with bipolar as well. And it seems like the medications are an attempt to control you... you don't trust people, doctors, etc. that suggest that you are ill. I think you are correct jmonticello. To me, it sounds like "classic" schiz. I wonder how you get someone to consider that their mind might be fooling them when it's so very hard to get any kind of believer-- religious or conspiracy theorists or people who believe they astrally travel to consider whether they might be misperceiving or misinterpreting events. Every brain is sure that it cannot be fooled... I like James Randi because he fools you and then shows you how you fooled yourself... I value that... I value knowing he difference between what is real and what is an illusion. I love optical illusions and tricks of the mind and knowing how I can misperceive. I think it's easy to see why people would assume the earth was flat... and why it makes no sense to imagine it as spherical.... and then why it really is spherical and why our perception does not experience it as such.
I am interested in seeing what Brendy discovers. Clearly he/she is intelligent. It sounds like a scary experience. I am interested in your experiences. I'm really glad you posted.
This touched me: There is a stigma associated with mental illness. But with treatment people with he illnesses can become the help for others. Just as former addicts make for he best drug counselers... something about having been in the trenches--
I am interested in seeing what Brendy discovers. Clearly he/she is intelligent. It sounds like a scary experience. I am interested in your experiences. I'm really glad you posted.
This touched me: There is a stigma associated with mental illness. But with treatment people with he illnesses can become the help for others. Just as former addicts make for he best drug counselers... something about having been in the trenches--
Last edited: