Beth
Philosopher
- Joined
- Dec 6, 2004
- Messages
- 5,598
I disagree. Do you feel the same way about that neutrinos? (That massless particle that doesn't interact with ordinary matter - I hope I got the right one!)This is exactly what I mean about knowing less about god. In face, you have just put it into a category where it basically becomes impossible to conclude anything about it. If it does not interact in any way we can objectively measure, then all it really tells us is to stop wasting time looking for it.
We're in agreement here.On the other side of this coin, where there are avenues to explore, many fascinating things have been learned. Anthropology and neurology are exciting fields in their own rights, and have been shedding more light upon religions, how they are formed, and what they can tell us about human nature. Sadly, they haven't shown us anything that can be taken as evidence of god's existence.
I disagree and I will explain by changing your emphasis slightly. It is the only reasonable conclusion. Granted, there are other conclusions that can be drawn, but the ones I have heard have been reached using something other than reason. Although this does not necessarily make them incorrect, it does make them unreasonable.
We're certainly entitled to disagree on what is 'reasonable'. That's a judgement call. I can only say that I find either conclusion reasoned and reasonable. We'll just have to leave it at that. In addition, while argument from popularity doesn't make a conclusion correct, I do think it gives weight to the argument that it is a 'reasonable' conclusion.