joobz
Tergiversator
- Joined
- Aug 31, 2006
- Messages
- 17,998
DOC,
First off DOC, I thank you for actually coming to this thread and starting what I hope will be an interesting conversation. I apologize for labeling you as an intellectual coward. I hope you will continue to be willing to actually discuss points.
First off DOC, I thank you for actually coming to this thread and starting what I hope will be an interesting conversation. I apologize for labeling you as an intellectual coward. I hope you will continue to be willing to actually discuss points.
What are you implying by "Falsehood". That I lied or that I am wrong? Are you trying to say that I'm intentionally missleading? There is a difference. In truth I hope you prove me wrong. However, I can tell that you hadn't read my OP or had not understood it. Becuase I made that point quite clear in the OP.The very title of this thread could be considered a falsehood, so that told me a little what to expect.
I wish to start this thread by presenting my believe[sic] as to what DOC's goal/view is here. I think it may provide interesting discussion and will hopefully shortcut further digressions down nonsensical paths.
I believe DOC is attempting to "prove" that christianity is great and wonderful and is the only thing that is worthwhile because...[snip]
It is the quantity of arguments rather than the quality of the arguments that he is going for.
It is with the belief that by presenting enough small facts, these will add up to a large fact. This is obviously an example of either argumentum verbosium or fallacy of the consequent. But I would like for DOC to have a chance to prove me wrong.[/quote]
If you read this OP, you would have seen that I directly asked you to prove me wrong.
So very simply, Please answer the question.
Doc, why are these small "facts" relavent?
to what are they relavent?
and why I am wrong?
------------------------------
Use the context and you'll understand it's meaning."Docs Proof of Christianity" through Irrelevant "Fact Attrition". What the heck is fact attrition? A google search of "fact attrition" came up empty with those words used in that manner.
To me, it appears that you simply wish to wear down non-christians with a barage of small points and hope that it equals a big truth.
------------------------------
This is off topic and as a result I will not comment.Anyway I never said the facts I present are "Proof" of Christianity.
There is evidence out there, though, that points to the truth of Christianity -- without a doubt. Historical evidence, evidence of many people's personal experiences (e.g. healings complete life changing experiences), and even logical evidence. Much of this evidence, I haven't even gotten into yet. I've dealt mostly with historical evidence so far, though.
-------------------------------
This is again not an answer, but a dodge.Some of the facts I have presented are historical facts dealing with Christianity and I said several times what you do with them is your business. The very fact someone took the time to put up a thread about them shows there is some importance to them.
You had (in another thread) answered more honestly when you said "I don't know why."
-------------------------------
I request you state which and I'll adjust accordingly. You'll notice that I have always adjusted my arguments to fit with the facts. That I have always thanked you, and apologized when it was called for. I do not think you have ever returned that courtesy to anyone in this forum.There are several other false statements that have been made and if I get the time I'll go into them.
But in any event, you are again missing the context. I think I am starting to see why you post your "facts" and why you think the quotes you provide prove your take on history. You seem incapable or unwilling to acknowledge that everything has context and that context can change the meaning and intent of the person's statement. This would explain why you are willing to take random, infrequent quotes from people and use those quotes to justify your view. Even if the actions of those people and, indeed, their entire life contradict your claims.
As a simple test:
"I am happy you got shot. I liked how the blood slowly oozed out of the hole. Does it hurt when I touch it? good.."
or
"I am happy you got shot. I mean, you are allright. You'll heal fine without any long term damage, and now we have reason to put that madman away."
Do you believe that the two persons saying the bolded same sentence mean the same thing?
Last edited:

