This seems to me to be a giveaway that you had no evidence at all, since you have not referred to anything but the links I gave you. Thank you for supporting that hypothesis.
Kevin, my little Tasmanian pal, let me just put you straight on something, because there are several points you keep missing. (Hardly surprising given the amount of time you're spending pushing your little hobby horse)
First off, I never claimed to have evidence, the evidence which exists is flawed (see below), and I don't need any. I am not arguing for sex with kids to be legalised - YOU are. My position is that current laws are close enough to the desired mark to leave alone. If I'm not arguing for change, I hardly need evidence to support my position.
Secondly, even in this very thread, there is anecdotal evidence that child molestation leaves its mark. Or are you avoiding posts from people who have actually experienced the
other side of child abuse - the victims?
Now, I realise that you're sitting there in Tazzy, in your own, strange little world, trying desperately to shift the emphasis of our conversation from me asking why you're promoting sex with children onto why I have no evidence, but, unfortunately, as you suggested right at the start of your odd little treatises, sex and children is a subject where mob rule, well, rules!
The bad news for you is that the mob which makes and enforces the rules on this one is the parents. Not NAMBLA, not you, but the PARENTS. (you do realise that under Oz and NZ law, NAMBLA would be an illegal organisation, don't you?)
The problems with your "evidence", which you've never even given a thought to, is that it's completely flawed. How many women didn't volunteer for the study? You clearly don't even realise that there are people out there who would rather die than admit that they were sexually abused as children. Just because a study of those who are able to talk about it suggests something, it doesn't make it right. The ones who were happy to particpate in those studies had not been harmed by the abuse - maybe that's why they were happy to complete the survey.
Comments like this are just you talking through a hole in your rear end:
The conclusion is fairly obvious.
From that, I would say that you have no idea what "obvious" means as the data is clearly flawed.
What a sad and restrictive little world you would have us live in - where everything is black and white and based on incomplete evidence. In child abuse, there can never be accurate statistics unless every single instance of child abuse is reported and investigated, and the victims re-assessed at adulthood.
Another comment you make actually applies far better to you than me:
Do you see now how stupid your position is? Especially given the humiliating lack of evidence you have on your side?
The humiliation here is all one way - the way of he who would rely on flimsy, flawed "evidence" to back a claim that sex with children is a good thing. Your post's feeble attempt to claim a moral high ground has failed miserably. Partly because your "evidence" is meaningless, but mostly because the moral high ground belongs to the parents. If you don't like that, then that makes me very happy.
You have no idea what you're talking about.
You have been beaten black and blue here. You continue to spew forth crap in the face of real-life victims and yet you'll still come back and make an even bigger fool of yourself by trying to discredit my position again. [and fail again]
Tell you what, my little "pseudo-intellectual, 110 pounder" (gosh, I'd like to know whether that's right; I strongly suspect so!). You're SO determined to promote your lowering of the age of consent; instead of bleating at us and getting metaphorically beaten, go and start a one-man [?] protest outside the Launceston Workingmen's Club or maybe the Hobart RSL. They're good, honest people, see how they feel about it. Start a petition at your local shopping centre. I do recommend that if you approach people in real life to discuss your plan that you will either need to be Ato Boldon or Steven Segal to get away alive. Lots of people in that big, real world aren't quite as refined as we forumites are.
You're living in gaga land, Kevin. I suggest you just quiety steal away during the night and leave this thread alone before you drop yourself even further in it.
Bye now!