• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Guess who's agreed to debate me?

Sorry, wrong guy. I'm not American but I'm assuming America has some aircraft that perform some sort of air defence.

You need to read the transcripts of the various air controllers who were trying to coordinate air defense on the morning of September 11. There was a certain amount of confusion, but the main problem was that they didn't have enough time to get planes in the air and fly them close enough to shoot down the airliners. On the other hand, Russian bombers are tracked even before they leave Russian airspace. If any of them decide to come to America for a visit, we will have had plenty of time to be ready for them.

After the attacks, there were fighters flying over New York and other cities 24 hours a day. That's the only way to prevent a similar attack. It just is not possible to get a fighter off the ground and have it shoot down a passenger jet in time.
 
Right after the attacks, I heard a story about some passengers waiting in an airport when the attacks occured. Everyone was watching the burning towers on the TV monitors in the airport and noticed a group of Middle Eastern-looking men who were also watching the monitors and arguing with each other. Some of the other travellers became suspicious and wanted the men to be investigated, but they got up and left before security could arrive.

I never heard anything about this story again. Personally, I have trouble believing it happened without seeing some sort of evidence and I'm only repeating it here for reference. There were many other crazy stories floating around at the time, like the airliner that was headed for Los Angeles. People were actually evacuated from downtown LA because of these rumors, and all across the country, malls, office buildngs, etc. were shut down because more attacks were feared.

I don't think it is evidence of much. I would imagine if I were part of a group preapring to fly and after I saw those images and the flights wer grounded that I might be arguing with my family/friends/copassengers as well.

"Do you think we'll fly out today?"

"Heck no, no more flights will fly today."

"I dunno, perhaps they will."

"Are you an idiot? No way!"

and so on. My guess is a lot of American travellers had those same conversations before they also left teh airport to start searching for alternate plans.

Lurker
 
I don't think it is evidence of much. I would imagine if I were part of a group preapring to fly and after I saw those images and the flights wer grounded that I might be arguing with my family/friends/copassengers as well.

"Do you think we'll fly out today?"

"Heck no, no more flights will fly today."

"I dunno, perhaps they will."

"Are you an idiot? No way!"

and so on. My guess is a lot of American travellers had those same conversations before they also left teh airport to start searching for alternate plans.

Lurker
And if you and your group were Middle Eastern-looking, the argument might include:

"Are you f***in CRAZY?!?! There's no way I'm getting on that plane! These people will lynch us before the door closes behind us!"
 
Right after the attacks, I heard a story about some passengers waiting in an airport when the attacks occured. Everyone was watching the burning towers on the TV monitors in the airport and noticed a group of Middle Eastern-looking men who were also watching the monitors and arguing with each other. Some of the other travellers became suspicious and wanted the men to be investigated, but they got up and left before security could arrive.

I never heard anything about this story again. Personally, I have trouble believing it happened without seeing some sort of evidence and I'm only repeating it here for reference. There were many other crazy stories floating around at the time, like the airliner that was headed for Los Angeles. People were actually evacuated from downtown LA because of these rumors, and all across the country, malls, office buildngs, etc. were shut down because more attacks were feared.

And Disneyland/Disneyworld IIRC
 
Has anyone guessed Childlike Empress. She might actually make an interesting debate.....

:rolleyes: (and we're dying to see if she looks like her avatar or is really a 68 year old benedictine monk)

No, but I'll take her avatar out for drinks, as long as we agree to not discuss...anything.

I stumbled upon this thread because I was curious about who this IronSnot person might be.

Anyway, I'm bumping it partly to see if this debate is still going ahead - now that Uncle Fetzer is into beam weapons it could be even more entertaining.

But my main reason is to tell you that Childlike's avatar is the actress Anna Karina. You can see the same image in these galleries:

http://members.tripod.com/ye_ye_girls/artists/karina_a_04.html
http://www.43people.com/gallery/index/360517

The Childlike Empress is a character from The Neverending Story.
 
Last edited:
thum_124474579166021f04.jpg


AKA



James%20Fetzer.jpg
 
I'm pretty sure Fetzer will pull out after watching Roberts destroy the Louder Than Lies group.
 
Of course you will mop the floor with them--but remember, they won't realize it.

Keep in mind these guys have a genuine mental disorder. You will not be having a real debate with a real, thinking person. So relax and have fun with it--in the unlikely event they don't chicken out.

I recommend lots of eye-rolling and jaw-dropping. Double-takes are good. Bug your eyes out whenever they try to make a point. And don't forget that thing where you point to your head and wiggle your index fingers.
 
Last edited:
The National debate is supposedly still on, but far away. I have serious doubts that it will happen. And if it's just a bunch of no-planers with their high-beams on, count me out.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom