• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Guess who's agreed to debate me?

March 10, 2007 is hereby declared Weasel Stomping Day!

Faces filled with joy and cheer
What a magical time of year
Howdy Ho! It's Weasel Stomping Day

Put your Viking helmet on
Spread that mayonnaise on the lawn
Don't you know it's Weasel Stomping Day

All the little girls and boys
Love that wonderful crunching noise
You'll know what this day's about
When you stomp a weasel's guts right out

So, come along and have a laugh
Snap their weasely spines in half
Grab your boots and stomp your cares away
Hip hip hooray, it's Weasel Stomping Day​
 
I actually attended UMD, where Fetzer taught, for a year. Unfortunately, I was too busy taking science classes learning about real science to take his philosophy classes.

All the same, I have a friend who was a philosophy major from UMD but he did not have Fetzer either. Oddly, my friend is hook, line and sinker caught by this 911 CT stuff and I am currently email debating him.

At one point, knowing the Fetzer UMD connection I asked him if he had ever had a class by Fetzer, thinking it might be some sort of cult of personality thing with him. Alas, my friend had not had a class by Fetzer although his twin brother not only had a class but Fetzer was his advisor. I don't know if his twin is infected by this 911 stuff but it might explain a bit to me. I undertsand Fetzer has a very strong personality.

He was interviewed a while ago by a Twin City magazine (City Pages?). Look it up for some idea about the Fetzer personality.

Lurker
 
BTW please keep us updated on how to be a spectator, if possible, since if there is an audience the Troofers will try to gain a homefield advantage.
 
I'll bring two boxcutters.

Watch out man, I here old Jimmy boy has an "expert marksman" rating when armed with a Samsonite!

Mark, I hope to be there to support you. Long drive for me, but worth it if I get to shake your hand...and maybe a hug from Abby?? ;)

Sounds like fun!
-z
 

Yeah man...but the thing you really illustrated is that us JREFers really, really hate our brains!!?? How else to explain our obsession with teh troof?

Honestly though...this stuff is just so damned offensive. Debating these morons brings me brain-pain for sure...but it's so very necessary! The great salty sea of stupidity that is the truth movement might claim many more unwitting victims if not for the sense of duty exhibited by Gravy, Abby, Gumboot, Chipmunk, Brainster, et al. Lifeguards they are...and there's a wicked undertow out there!

-z
 
Just curious: which came first screwloosechange the movie or screwloosechange the blog?

Blog.

I was a fan of their site and loved the name too much to come up with something unique. That's why I used it.
 
Gravy, I doubt that I'll make it there from Ali-Bama (but never say never, maybe 'Zilla could use someone to share the driving from the DC area) but if you need any help in other matters (renting a van, printing, equipment, et. al.) let me know and we'll see what I can do.

Just a caution; make sure they don't brand you as "A representative of the JREF", because that could cause some ramifications that would make Mr. Randi grumpy--but I figure you know that already, you're pretty good on things like that.

And make sure the Rules for the debate are THE Rules and that everybody agrees to them. Try to have a "Strong" moderator, someone who is respected by the College/General Community, who is not going to be run roughshod by the Truthers' conducting a "shout and argue" Hannity/Colmes/et. al. debate. Get them in a controlled situation and with rules and see how they fare. If anything causes this debate not to happen, it will be the Truthers not liking the rules.

And to the rest of Team Ninja; I think Gravy needs not only our good wishes, but help in research and presentation and maybe even on the stage there--I mean, if there are 5-6 "9-11 Truthers" on one side and Gravy on the other, well, he still wins but the chances of them trying to shout him down increase. Gravy, direct us and ask us to help with the prep and data, and if you need some others up there with you (can you imagine a team of Gravy, MarkyX, Brainster, and that teenage kid with the dynamite site blowing alway all the blowhard 'truth scientists.."), well, we can start a fund for getting you the help we need.

This may all come to naught; the chances they would agree to the rules of a real debate and not an shouting/interrupting/brawling interview type like they do on TV is not very high IMHO; but we shall see, we shall see.

Interesting times....
 
Congrats Gravy!

I don't get a chance to post much, but I've been lurking in the 9/11 threads since Delphi's original post (damn him!).

Keep us informed. I'm in southern New England, but I'd be very interested in making the trek up north to see this.
 
It was us, we are getting Philip Berg, esquire to sue MarkyX for copyright infringement. :D

I don't even think his name is Mark. He stole that one off of Gravy.

On another note, just as Gravy was gonna reveal the name last night, my ISP crapped out on me. Coincidence?

I mean, come on NWO! I have this lovely sig and all, why are you harrasing me?
 
Oh God, I am listening to Fetzer's radio show, and he claims that every scientist and engineer knows the government is lying about the World Trade Center, but they are keeping their mouth shut.

Can we have him comitted for paranoid schizophrenia?
 
Oh God, I am listening to Fetzer's radio show, and he claims that every scientist and engineer knows the government is lying about the World Trade Center, but they are keeping their mouth shut.

Can we have him comitted for paranoid schizophrenia?

So, Gravy's debate will go liek this?

Fetzer: WTC 7 was pulled.
Gravy: It collapsed due to massive structural damage and uncontrolled fires.
Fetzer: Liar!
Gravy: There are firemen who...
Fetzer: Liar liar!
 
I wonder, Gravy, if Fetzer is really a worthy opponent. I think it will be too one sided. I think a better opponent would be a Jim Hoffman, or Paul Thompson.

What do you think?

TAM
 
Last edited:
This is good news indeed! But let's not get too cocky, here. Remember, they do have some advantages over us. Many of those in the movement have been studying 9-11 for a long time; I suspect most of us got into it in the last six months. We should be able to win because we have the facts on our side, but there are no guarantees.

I would love to attend but that probably is not in the cards; New Hampshire is about as far away as you can be from where I live (Phoenix) and still be in the lower 48. :(

I would like to suggest that once it's determined who will appear on our behalf (other than Gravy of course), that the CT be broken up into segments and debaters assigned to those segments. That is, have a Pentagon expert, a WTC demolition expert, a hijackers expert, etc. This will divide the task into manageable areas. We should also have a mock debate, probably via an IRC chatroom, with individuals assigned to handle the CT side.
 
Yes and I suppose with 5-6 months to prepare, Fetzer will probably have a better grasp on his arguments. Still, like you said, with the facts on our side, we should prevail.

TAM
 
I will be there. Yes sirree Bob, I will most definitely be there, even if I have to wade through a sea of mud to make it. (It's about an hour from my house.)

My only question is, will anyone still care by then? I sort of suspect the twoof movement's 15 minutes will be long gone by next March.
Excellent!

I'm trying to get this moved up, but I suspect the 9/11 truth stuff will be going strong in March. Fouler than Turds will have their new movie out and the protesters will be crawling out from their winter hibernation. In April I predicted that much of this stuff would have petered out by 9/11/06. I was wrong: it grew and grew.
 
March 10, 2007 is hereby declared Weasel Stomping Day!

Faces filled with joy and cheer
What a magical time of year
Howdy Ho! It's Weasel Stomping Day

Put your Viking helmet on
Spread that mayonnaise on the lawn
Don't you know it's Weasel Stomping Day

All the little girls and boys
Love that wonderful crunching noise
You'll know what this day's about
When you stomp a weasel's guts right out

So, come along and have a laugh
Snap their weasely spines in half
Grab your boots and stomp your cares away
Hip hip hooray, it's Weasel Stomping Day​
Aah. The crunching of weasel bones is music to my ears.
 
Excellent!

I'm trying to get this moved up, but I suspect the 9/11 truth stuff will be going strong in March. Fouler than Turds will have their new movie out and the protesters will be crawling out from their winter hibernation. In April I predicted that much of this stuff would have petered out by 9/11/06. I was wrong: it grew and grew.

Bolding mine.

March for Troof?

Anyhow, I noticed your sig:

Groovy's sig said:
"This is going to be a good year for the truth." –Dylan Avery

Yeah, and 2007 is gonna be better... :rolleyes:
 
Hampshire? Fantastic. No problem. Only about 450 miles.

Wait, no, just a minute. Not that Hampshire. Damn.....the venue is in America? Inconsiderate eejits..... and can you not think up your own placenames?!? :)

I can't imagine you need any help, but if something vaguely architectural crops up between now and then, do feel free to ask.

Have you thought about letting JayUtah over at Bautforum know about this, because I suspect he'd rather enjoy it.....
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom