• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Does 'rape culture' accurately describe (many) societies?

Your view of sexuality is a very narrow one, and it is not borne out by what we know about human sexuality throughout history. And you seem to disregard that reproduction isn't only possible in strict heterosexual relationships.

Since you seem bent on kink shaming, I suggest that you actually learn something about human sexuality, outside of your own very narrow views. Perhaps you could begin by looking at our closest relatives, bonobos?

And before you start with your usual nonsense; I won't discuss what anyone else has said earlier in the thread. I also won't answer any other questions, unless you make your own positions clear (no #). I've said this before, but it bears repeating; you are not Socrates, nor Plato, and your questions lead nowhere.
🔥
 
I don't care. This is like saying that people who watch tennis might play tennis some day.
Exactly. You beat me to my next point.

I would expect that the overwhelming number of sexual assaults are committed by straight men.
 
Stay confused. Pornography is still free speech. Free speech is still extremely important to protect, even at some social cost. You'll have to bring solid receipts if you want to ban it. Not confusion and innuendo.
No idea what this means (you mentioned tennis?)...but I'm fine with that.
 
Last edited:
I'm not sure what sexuality has to do with this discussion
Well, you posted a link to a study about sexuality.
You seem to think that this is relevant.

The modern notion of sexuality as a spectrum emphasises fluidity (hello Alfred Kinsey). It is a turning away from any recognition of a rigid binary - an emphasis of otherness and latent possibilities. That falls perfectly within the pornosphere paradigm. If you want to explore 'otherness', then it is all there for you.

And that is exactly what is being served up to our children.

That biology emphatically determines a high degree of heterosexuality (for existential reasons) - that fact seems to have been totally overlooked.

As @Helen said, your views on sexuality are counter to actual understanding of sexuality.

I'm pointing out that if you are going to implicate sexuality (outside sone perverted versions that preclude consent) in rape, you had better worry about heterosexual men more than most groups.


Your view of sexuality is a very narrow one, and it is not borne out by what we know about human sexuality throughout history. And you seem to disregard that reproduction isn't only possible in strict heterosexual relationships.

Since you seem bent on kink shaming, I suggest that you actually learn something about human sexuality, outside of your own very narrow views. Perhaps you could begin by looking at our closest relatives, bonobos?
 
Well, you posted a link to a study about sexuality.
You seem to think that this is relevant.



As @Helen said, your views on sexuality are counter to actual understanding of sexuality.

I'm pointing out that if you are going to implicate sexuality (outside sone perverted versions that preclude consent) in rape, you had better worry about heterosexual men more than most groups.
Ok - I'm still lost.

If you want to make a clear argument, then please go ahead.
 
Ok - I'm still lost.

If you want to make a clear argument, then please go ahead.
◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ hell. It's clear.

Sexuality is irrelevant in the vast majority of sexual assault cases, except for the choice of victim.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom