• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Tennessee: Execution of Christa Pike stayed!

I'm seeing that couplet a lot.

Let me know when you find a non-brutal murder.

Here in Finland, we have a category of murder called, 'murder that is particularly cruel and brutal'. However, being a civilised* country, most murderers only get about nine to ten years.

*Whilst I believe people who kill should be rightfully found guilty (e.g., Letby, Knox) I am not sure I believe in whole life sentences or the death penalty. The concept of justice also includes, 'mercy'. People do change as they grow older, especially crimes committed as young adults. Obviously whether they get parole or not would depend on where they are at and any signs of repentence. In her 'final' letter, Pike made no apology to her victim's family for what she did, so one wonders who is advising her.
 
Just when I think the USA cannot get any worse, it does.


"Tennessee's execution protocol calls for a secondary set of drug syringes in case the person being put to death does not die after the first set. But it does not spell out what happens if the subject is alive after the second set."
 
The reports I have read suggest the issue was using really old chemicals to make up the lethal dose.
 
It's getting pretty bad when the police kill without even trying, but tha State can't pull it off given their own providing of their ideal conditions.

Can't they just bring a cop in the execution suite, just in case of an eventuality like this? Just toss a cel phone in her hand or something and tap on the cop's shoulder.
 
The reports I have read suggest the issue was using really old chemicals to make up the lethal dose.

I also note that the dosage used in the US for execution is a lot less than used in Switzerland for assisted suicide (5g compared to 10 g, which was later revised to 15 g).

And I assume there wasn't a numpty who managed to miss a vein...
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom