JesseCuster
Master Poster
- Joined
- May 4, 2016
- Messages
- 2,413
So I decided to do Vixen's work for her and find some examples of black and white astrophotography, on Ilford BW film no less.
Here's an example. https://www.lonelyspeck.com/photographing-the-milky-way-on-film/?v=25400724d737
Exposure time: 20 seconds
Aperture: f/1.7
Film: Ilford Delta 3200 (I Googled this, apparently it's not actually rated at ISO/ASA 3200, but it has a lot of latitude so can be pushed a lot more than other films)
Shutter speed of 20 seconds, very wide aperture, and fast film that can be pushed a lot in development. (edit: film that was released in 1998)
edited to include Jay's note: The moon is completely blown out, totally overexposed. That's worth noting.
Huh. I wonder if Vixen can learn anything from this.

Here's an example. https://www.lonelyspeck.com/photographing-the-milky-way-on-film/?v=25400724d737
Exposure time: 20 seconds
Aperture: f/1.7
Film: Ilford Delta 3200 (I Googled this, apparently it's not actually rated at ISO/ASA 3200, but it has a lot of latitude so can be pushed a lot more than other films)
Shutter speed of 20 seconds, very wide aperture, and fast film that can be pushed a lot in development. (edit: film that was released in 1998)
edited to include Jay's note: The moon is completely blown out, totally overexposed. That's worth noting.
Huh. I wonder if Vixen can learn anything from this.

Last edited: