JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing
What makes you think you're remotely qualified to participate in such a debate?I wouldn't know. That is why I am debating it.
What makes you think you're remotely qualified to participate in such a debate?I wouldn't know. That is why I am debating it.
So summarize the limits of what you think the real Apollo program did achieve. Where exactly in the program did they start "faking" results?I wouldn't know. That is why I am debating it.
Yes. And...?The Moon is under a constant barrage of micrometeorites.
How do you know?The Moon is under a constant barrage of micrometeorites.
And how exactly do you know the Apollo 11 crew was omitting something?You can infer it if they are 'lying by omission'.
Yet again a "reply" that has no connection to the post you quoted. To repeat a pet phrase of your own - do pay attention.The Moon is under a constant barrage of micrometeorites.
Please see my reply in post #3663And how exactly do you know the Apollo 11 crew was omitting something?
This is absolute nonsense. Have you watched the whole press conference, or even read the transcript? They confirm any number of times the full details of how they got to the moon and walked on it. If you are just talking about the single question, then they are explicit about not seeing stars from the surface without optics, but also explicit in that statement is that they were on the surface. Do you expect them to preface every answer with 'Well, when we were on the moon, which we totally were, honestly...' ?
If you want to live in the fantastical belief that none of...
How many per square metre per day?The Moon is under a constant barrage of micrometeorites.
That's a monocle. No but seriously, I see no such thing. I see Patrick Moore explaining why he asked a particular question, in his own inimitable style, talking at about 1.5x speed.If you look at the video in the OP you can see Patrick Moore with a twinkle in his eye explaining why he specifically asked that question with specific wording. He was basically being sycophantic and saw himself as coming to their rescue. The question was answered in the context of the 'solar corona' causing glare and spoiling their potential view, as Moore specifically worded his 'question'. But you don't need to face the 'solar corona'.
Hm...I wouldn't know. That is why I am debating it.
Not to detract from the the achievements of Armstrong & Aldrin and the third guy who stayed inside the capsule, and of course, it is undeniably factual it all happened.
Which of the two points you make in that post do you consider an answer to my question?Please see my reply in post #3663
Indeed, micrometeoroids and radiation have nothing to do with each other. @Vixen believes Trevor Weaver is an expert on space radiation. He is not—or was not, since he is probably well into his eighties by now. Nor is Weaver apparently immune from such ordinary logical fallacies as converting the conditional.Yet again a "reply" that has no connection to the post you quoted. To repeat a pet phrase of your own - do pay attention.
You do if you intend to observe it. As I have explained now at length twice, Moore asked a specific question that would be familiar to eclipse observers. The astronauts answered it the same way many other eclipse observers have answered it. You're desperately trying to spin it to be something else.But you don't need to face the 'solar corona'.
Two things come to mind.This wasn't some post-match interview with a sports person literally a minute after they won. For how long after they "just got back" would that euphoric sensation last? Should we ask your psychologist? How long after they came home from the moon did that press conference happen? How excited should they have felt to be doing a press conference? The massively exciting bit was finished. This was back to work on the dull but necessary stuff.
You know nothing about the level of radiation or the radioactivity involved.The Apollo Program was certainly real. I have never seen anyone dispute that. I am afraid the level of radiation and radioactivity involved in going to the Moon is a real health hazard.
People say all kinds of stupid thingsAlthough there are some individuals who say that they can tell whether people are answering truthfully by the facial expressions the way the eyes move when answering them. Not that I necessarily believe/distrust them.
What has that got to do with it?The Moon is under a constant barrage of micrometeorites.
Maybe it's love?What has that got to do with it?
As is the earth. But how constant is "constant". If the barrage was of a high enough density to pose a genuine risk to the Apollo crews, then the earth's atmosphere would be ablaze with streaks of light every night. And the ISS would have long since been rendered unusable by micrometeorite impacts.The Moon is under a constant barrage of micrometeorites.
.
The other thing that comes to mind are the post-race Formula 1 press conferences featuring Finnish double world champion Mika Hakkinen, who was famously breviloquent during most such press appearances, even after winning races or qualifying on pole. It's not that he couldn't speak more (as sometimes he was more verbose than usual, and was noted as quite pleasantly conversational by people who knew him), he just found these interviews to be rather boring most of the time.