JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing
Marcus Allen's shadow claims are borrowed from David Percy, who formulated a set of "photo rules" that he says the light in all photos should obey. As I explained many pages ago, these "rules" are nonsense. Percy tried to cobble up some photos in which a "rule" appeared to be true for that one case. But then I as explained further, he got very angry and withdrawn when I pointed out that his photos offered to prove one photo "rule" disproved his other "rules." One of those rules was the so-called parallel shadow rule, which is easily and observably false. Not only false in a few cases, but false in most cases.Parallel shadows you say?
Because Percy claimed to be a professional photographer, Allen co-opted the "photo rules" as having come from a professional photographer. But that is a classic fallacious appeal to authority. The behavior of light and shadow are objective, testable facts that do not differ according to the expertise of the one making the claim.
Last edited:
