• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Apollo 11 Moon Landing Revisited: Hoax ~vs~ Debunk

This is where you have a misconception. Contrary to the belief, 'it's all on Google', I am actually one of those rare old school people who still read proper books and magazines. I know I am right about the potential weight of the backpack on the Moon...because I was read up on it by reading books on the matter. Thus, it was faintly amusing and irritating to have a whole line of people claiming to have up to Nobel Prize physicist status that I was an uneducated imbecile. Only one person had the integrity to affirm I was correct. So, no, that is not my claiming 'victimhood'; if you bully someone you are bullying them. Of course, being well read on a topic doesn't necessarily mean one is right. However, it is quite unnecessary to act as though your faith is under threat.
You were wrong on that point.

The masses of both astronaut and backpack would be the same.

The weights of both astronaut and backpack would be 1/6 of that on Earth.

The ratio of the weights would stay the same.

The backpack would be much easier to lift (6 times easier) and would cause less of a moment for the astronaut to deal with (1/6 to be precise)

If you think anything I have stated above is wrong then you know less than the average year 9 student, and need to either start reading different books, or get someone to help you with them.
 
My second husband was the Material Sciences Metallurgist. Incidentally, he was actually born the same month as the Moon landings. Not named after any of the astronauts, though.
 
When one goes for a job interview, good advice is to at least show interest and enthusiasm in your potential employer's core brand, mission and strategy.
Do you honestly think that NASA gave a crap whether the astronauts were keen amateur astronomers?

Do you have any idea what qualifications were required for the job in the 1960s?
 
I totally understand that, since all if your time seems to be soent arguing against them.
You seem not to understand what constitutes a debate. 'Paris is the capital of France.' You can look up that fact on Google. Please see the topic title to get an idea of what the debate is about.

Clear now?
 
When one goes for a job interview, good advice is to at least show interest and enthusiasm in your potential employer's core brand, mission and strategy.
I'm now picturing Armstrong arriving on the ship after splashdown, and someone saying, "sorry, son, but we've decided to give the job to someone who shows more interest and enthusiasm for stargazing."
 
You were wrong on that point.

The masses of both astronaut and backpack would be the same.

The weights of both astronaut and backpack would be 1/6 of that on Earth.

The ratio of the weights would stay the same.

The backpack would be much easier to lift (6 times easier) and would cause less of a moment for the astronaut to deal with (1/6 to be precise)

If you think anything I have stated above is wrong then you know less than the average year 9 student, and need to either start reading different books, or get someone to help you with them.
What you are talking about now is static balance. Once again, by slightly changing the context; yes you are right (in that context).

Thank you for confirming the ratio of weights remains the same as I pointed out.
 
Do you honestly think that NASA gave a crap whether the astronauts were keen amateur astronomers?

Do you have any idea what qualifications were required for the job in the 1960s?
Reminds me of that staff appraisal scene in The Office with Steve from Accounts reacting to every question with dumb nonchalance.

To be fair, I think they just wanted All-American guys with good looks, named Bubba, Billy-Ray and Chuck.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom