The other possibility is that you cannot reason with an entrenched dogmatist. I discovered this in my youth arguing with Jehovah's Witnesses and Stalinists. Very nice people. But any argument put forward that counters their dogma is brushed off by their referring back to the very dogma one has just countered by reason. In this case, the dogma is a para from wiki declaring all FC is bad!
So, I gradually began to realise it was pointless arguing with the guy outside ULU selling his NEXT STEP or the nice couple from Jehovah's Witnesses. In the end, I just walked on by the Stalinist and his ever changing revisionism, and when a Jehovah's Witness calls, once I inform them I am a scientist, you've never seen anyone scuttle away so quickly with a scandalised expression. A scientist! Far far worse than Dracula himself!
TL;DR Please treat each case on its individual merits and leave the dogma to one side.