Because it isn't what some people want.Why, for many (probably most), is sex outside the marriage/relationship even considered cheating? What actually is the essence of the 'problem'?
Why? Why is there something about sex that should be a deal-breaker for some people? It's just an exchange of pleasure isn't it?Because it isn't what some people want.
The same way being a redhead is a deal-breaker for some people, believe it or not some people have different preferences to me! I know hard to believe but it is true, some people are that weird.Why? Why is there something about sex that should be a deal-breaker for some people? It's just an exchange pleasure isn't it?
There's nothing 'special' about it in the porn world - nothing worthy of being called 'cheating'.
So just personal preference; there's nothing in sex (outside the relationship) that is bad per se? Separation because of the application of red hair dye would be appropriate?The same way being a redhead is a deal-breaker for some people, believe it or not some people have different preferences to me! I know hard to believe but it is true, some people are that weird.
I gave you the answer before - because that is what people want in their relationships.So just personal preference; there's nothing in sex (outside the relationship) that is bad per se? Separation because of the application of red hair dye would be appropriate?
Why is there an assumption of monogamy for most relationships?
Again, because it is a breach of trust. I would think that would be self evident. You don't lie to your partner. That damages how they feel about you. It damages how they feel about themselves. Doh!In the same way, if your partner considers masturbating to porn cheating, then it's cheating - but you have already ruled that out.
ETA:
And you still having explained why cheating is 'bad'.
Is terminating a marriage (let's assume they have children) due to one's partner dying their hair red, as valid a reason for doing so as for, say, extra-marital sex (or, for that matter, for porn consumption)?I gave you the answer before - because that is what people want in their relationships.
I thought you ruled out porn?Again, because it is a breach of trust. I would think that would be self evident. You don't lie to your partner. That damages how they feel about you. It damages how they feel about themselves. Doh!
What don't you understand? Depends if that is what that relationship values or not.Is terminating a marriage (let's assume they have children) due to one's partner dying their hair red, as valid a reason for doing so as for, say, extra-marital sex (or, for that matter, for porn consumption)?
For him, not for everybody. Nobody here is saying "No one may consider xyz to be cheating, because I don't." What they are saying is that when two people both truthfully say "I don't consider xyz to be cheating" then if there is xyz in the relationship it won't be experienced as cheating.I thought you ruled out porn?
Adultery is the moral equivalent of choosing the wrong hair colour?What don't you understand? Depends if that is what that relationship values or not.
You inferred incorrectly. But if one has a relationship where their partner feels that porn is a violation of trust, then yes it would be wrong.I thought you ruled out porn?
Who says adultery is immoral?Adultery is the moral equivalent of choosing the wrong hair colour?
How many times does this needs to be addressed? It is contingent on the specific relationship one has with their partner.Is it possible that porn advocates are forced to downplay the import of sex with respect to relationships? Intimacy is foundational for most relationships isn't it? What's the difference between one's friend and one's sexual partner after all?
What does this mean then?You're asking if cheating is bad. Which I do think is bad. But that has nothing to do with porn.
You're asking if cheating is bad. Which I do think is bad. But that has nothing to do with porn.
Are you advocating individualism at all costs? Do broken marriages where children are involved often have an undesirable social impact?I think some people struggle with the concept that other people are not them and do not share their desires, needs and moral position. Furthermore, some people are so unable to grasp the concept that not everyone is the same that they think that everyone should act like they do and share their views.
Last time.What does this mean then?